I cant believe Speed TV

avizpls

#11-A
I think the first two taps should have been enough to say "sorry, this line is taken". Then Herrin hit him AGAIN and this time got his brake lever.

Backmarker was irrelevant. It doesnt look to me like the contact was because the lines were moving up, it looks like it was on the way back down.

BigBird

any how its looked at, it was a real good race, and glad that everyone was able to walk away.

wish more people would spectate at our sport though :(

TheGrouch

BigBird;177080 wrote: EXACTLY! the backmarker is on the inside line, and they both had to move up on the banking to avoid him. and that shifted everyone else up and THEN that's when the contact occurred.
I think you just proved my point...the contact was AFTER the backmarker. The fact that they had to go around the backmarker is no one's fault...that's racing. The backmarker did his job by holding his line and being predictable.

ZLTFUL

BigBird;177097 wrote:
wish more people would spectate at our sport though :(
I do too but with that debacle, it drives people away from watching.

I mean I understand that it was an unmounted compound they were switching everyone to but that just screams of piss poor planning on Dunlop's part.
It is simple common sense (in this industry) that a darker colored track surface is going to generate more heat than a lighter colored surface...

And as much as I appreciate what DiSalvo and his crew did to get back in the game, their day should have been done. I mean a red flag long enough to swap an engine? Come on!

I was screaming at my TV when they switched to NASCRAP. Between Speed and SyFy, my TV watching time keeps getting shorter and shorter.

zangman

TheGrouch;176985 wrote: And Speed is supposed to continue a live broadcast indefinitely while the AMA and Dunlop have their heads up their asses?

Seems to me they handled it quite well. The Speed of a few years ago would have shown the completion of the race on Tuesday...or next Saturday...or never. Instead, we got it same day.
Back when I was stoopyd and still watching NASCAR I can remember MANY occasions where the race was red flagged for more than an hour and they stayed with those broadcasts. If they are going to pull that they might as well delay the broadcasts. Oh yeah, they already do that for the majority of motorcycle races. Bleh!

PSmith

They've turned the event into NASCYCLE anyhow. Just make it a 6 lap event. Result would be the same. Crashes, mechanicals, and drama. Some random lucky rider wins for the history books. :popcorn: