I Group Crash! 08-27-11

michicago

Wow! Amazing (and thankfully) neither the rider nor anybody near the cartwheeling bike were injured.

I never noticed anyone wearing a neck brace at the track (mentioned in the video comments). Is that relatively new to the bike scene or am I just that poor an observer?

stow

:eek: That bike nearly collected another rider. Glad the rider is ok and no one else was collected.

rugbydawg13

Jebus! Did he lock up the front brake? Glad he's OK. A friend of mine did something similar at VIR the other weekend. He was OK too after he cleared the cobwebs from his head.

JMBrr

This happened directly in front of me during the first session of the day. I was just off the tail of this group, he came flying past me, tried to pass the guy with the camera, and ejected himself. Glad he's ok but dang he was pushing hard for the first I session.

Fatboy

This is a perfect example of what we mean when we say " Smooth application of brakes and throttle will keep you alive longer!!"
Glad all walked away without serious ibnjury

TeamBeer

I just realized that I was at the front of that group going onto the front straight and the third bike into turn one. My buddy that was pitted next to me was the guy in the white leathers that was almost hit by the bike. We had no idea it had even happened until seeing the video.

pefrey

TeamBeer;211123 wrote: My buddy ... was the guy in the white leathers that was almost hit by the bike. We had no idea it had even happened until seeing the video.
WOW. Scary.