I need a recomendation for a chain and sprocket kit???

whitarnold

I have a 2010 Honda CBR 1000RR and I need a new 530 chain and sprocket kit. I need the best gearing for BMP and the recommendation of which company to buy? Vortex, Driven, Etc... Also, I need the length of the chain to buy?

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
Only contribution I can say is make sure you get a rivet type Master Link.

Here's a very good source for the parts:

http://forums.13x.com/showthread.php?t=288694

Clip Links are not strong enough.

Also, have you considered going down to a 525 or a 520 chain? There are 520's out there now with tensil strength suitable for a Liter Bike application. Going with a lighter chain will reduce the power loss from your final drive shaft to your rear wheel. Many Superbike Teams are running 520's on 1000's putting out close to or over 200hp.

And the DID ERV (I think this is the correct model from DID) is a VERY nice chain.

ninjamansc

THE Comstock
Control Rider
+1 and +1 to both above. Pit Bull sprockets are by far the best I've used. And made in USA. George's motto is "Do it better"
Vortex sprockets make better frisbees.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Another good place to check is motomummy.com He usually has the best prices on the chain/sprocket combos. I've had good wear from the Driven sprockets and the RK GXW chain. On his site, he lists the tensile strength of the different chains.
And yeah, agree with the rivet master link. Should you decide to get the chain tool to do it yourself, the RK kit or Motion Pro Jumbo are both good options.

I may try the Pitbull sprockets next, I hear good things about them.

moto1320

+1 on the Motomummy Driven sprocket/chain kits. Hard to beat for the money and I have them for both of my bikes.

Goldie

Motomummy is a good place for parts. I've used Driven and Vortex, but I now prefer DRIVE SYSTEMS superlite steel sprockets kits because they last forever! Seriously, they are not much heavier than aluminum and look great. Unless you are a hard core racer looking at any and everything to make you go faster in an attempt of going pro, there is no need for a aluminum rear that simply wont last. Plus you are on a litre bike so the superlite rear steel sprockets makes sense. Trust me the Superlite rear steel sprockets in a 520 kit is the way to go. DRIVE SYSTEMS!!!!

haze748

Sammiches
+1 on Motomummy. I got my 520 kit from them. Driven sprockets are holding up well after a few thousand miles and the chain is also doing great. I decided to purchase the motion pro jumbo tool only because I wanted to do it myself and it made the change a breeze. If you go that route, take your time to get the rivets right, other than that it's a piece of cake.