I need help.....

barry38

As some of you may know I had signed up to do the Livestrong Challange in Philly in 2008, and a month before the event I was hit by a car while on a training ride on my bicycle. A fellow NESBA member and friend of mine, Drew Harbuck, stepped up and did the ride for me. Throught unparalleled generosity of many NESBA members I was able to raise over $3000 in support of the fight against cancer.

Fast forward to today. A very close friend of mine had signed up to do the Susan G. Komen 3 Day Walk in D.C. next month. He and another friend have raised over $6800 to help in the fight against breast cancer, which is a cause near and dear to my heart. My wife Susie, who I know many of you have seen at the track, it now a 6 year breast cancer survivor. She was diagnosed with Stage III breast Cancer in Oct 2004. She went through a masectomy, chemo, radiation and three reconstruction surgeries.

To make a long story short, my friend herniated 2 disks in his lower back moving furniture about a month ago, and his doctor will not clear him to do the walk. So I'm going to take his place, and do the 3 day, 60 mile walk. I look at it as my chance to step up and help him, just as Drew stepped up and helped me.

I'm asking you, my fellow NESBA members and friends to help by making a donation. Below is a link to the team I'll be walking with, Kevin Cullen is my friend whom I'll be walking for. I offer my sincerest thanks in advance to anyone who donates to this great cause.

http://www.the3day.org/site/TR/2010/WashingtonDCEvent2010?team_id=149140&pg=team&fr_id=1474

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
As some of you know, my Mom (never smoked) is fighting Stage 4 lung cancer. Count me in for a donation to this cause Barry.

j_fuggin_t

Friend of mine lost his mother to this a few years ago, I'll make the donation in the morning when I'm at my computer. Good luck and keep us updated!!

barry38

Thanks everyone. You don't know how much it means to me to be able to help my friend Kevin and do the 3 Day Walk for him. Kevin is like a brother to me, known him for over 10 years now, and I know it's tearing his heart out that he can't do this.

When my wife was diagnosed 6 years ago, I had never realized how many people were affected by breast cancer. And I know what the Susan Komen organzation has done over the years. One day maybe, we will live in a world where no ones, wife, mother, sister with have to endure the disease that is breast cancer, or any cancer for that matter, this is my dream, and that is why we are doing this.

barry38

I finished the Susan G Komen 3 Day Walk in D.C. today. Did all 60 miles, slept in a pink tent, the whole deal. It was an emotional and highly motivating experience for me. I want to thank all who donated to this cause for me. Your contributions were part of the over $5.2 million raised this weekend to help in the fight against breast cancer. Breast Cancer will affect 1 in 8 women, chances are that someone you love will have to deal with this horrible disease. Thanks to your support, that number will go down!!!!!!