I stand relieved!

Godfather

Brothers and Sisters,

I have come full circle. In less than a year, I''m back where I was before I retired.

I want you to KNOW, that you are safe, and you can sleep well, because there are young Sailors, MARINES, ARMY, Air Force, and Coast Guard that will stand the watch tonight while you are sleeping!

He/She doesn't ask for fame (Ray Lewis/Joe Flaco) or any other nomination, just that you understand how freaking lucky you are to live in a country where you have a choice!

Tonight, I will sleep well, because a 19 year old Service Member has the watch!

MATURITY doesn't come with age,,, It comes with RESPONSIBILITY!

Think about it!

AMEN!

R/
GDFTHR

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
This sailor has stood the watch.

While some of us were in our bunks at night
This sailor stood the watch.
While some of us were in school learning our trade
This shipmate stood the watch.
Yes.. even before some of us were born into this world
In those years when the storm clouds of war
were seen brewing on the horizon of history
Many times he would cast an eye ashore
and see his family standing there,
Needing his guidance and help,
Needing that hand to hold during those hard times,
But he still stood the watch.
He stood the watch for twenty years.
He stood the watch so that we, our families and

Our fellow countrymen could sleep soundly in safety,
Each and every night,
Knowing that a sailor stood the watch.
Today we are here to say
"Shipmate... the watch stands relieved
Relieved by those you have trained, guided, and led.
Shipmate you stand relieved.. we have the watch..."

denbsteph

Godfather;264616 wrote: Brothers and Sisters,

I have come full circle. In less than a year, I''m back where I was before I retired.

I want you to KNOW, that you are safe, and you can sleep well, because there are young Sailors, MARINES, ARMY, Air Force, and Coast Guard that will stand the watch tonight while you are sleeping!

He/She doesn't ask for fame (Ray Lewis/Joe Flaco) or any other nomination, just that you understand how freaking lucky you are to live in a country where you have a choice!

Think about it!

AMEN!

R/
GDFTHR

Thanks Mike!!

bmrboy

Good job Mike ... :adore: Your my Brother & Hero :congrats:

Now get your butt back home .... :agree: We have plans to make !!! :cheers:

1bad7

Godfather;264616 wrote: Brothers and Sisters,

Think about it!

AMEN!

R/
GDFTHR

You are definitely right about that my brother!!! But is there still going to be "The Chief, Senior Chief, or Master Chief" there to give the appropriate counseling :argh:for a given incident :rtfm:

I will be relieved here shortly and I have been reflecting lately about how this has been great for me, family and the future. I have and will always respect and stand in awe of those willing to sacrifice for our great country( although I will tell you that when one of those folks wear NWU's in public in still boils my blood:banghead:......I can't stand it...) Thanks to all of you that have served or assisted in any way those of us that have served (you are just as important!!!!). :congrats:

ADVRacer

I'm still on watch

Although I'm retired, I'm proud to say I still have the privelige to serve those Sailors standing the watch. Although my watchstanding has become a little lax, no holidays, weekends, I still enjoy spending time with the defenders of freedom and getting their finances in order. So, now the only question I have is for the Godfather: WHY DO YOU HAVE MY PHONE NUMBER BLOCKED?

bmrboy

Godfather: WHY DO YOU HAVE MY PHONE NUMBER BLOCKED?
Ahhh, let me see :doh: maybe those late night, I love you calls ......... :dunno:

bmrboy

Godfather: WHY DO YOU HAVE MY PHONE NUMBER BLOCKED?
Ahhh, let me see :doh: maybe those late night, I love you calls ......... :dunno:

:haha: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Salute to all who serve, and all the families that support the enlisted. ANYTHING an enlisted or family needs, hit me up. I hit the age window where I wasn't drafted and by the time the sh8t hit the fan elsewhere and I would have gone in, I was already too old.

PS

I thought this thread was going to be about urinating. Silly me.