I Video from Barber 9-10 Nov

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
rxpusher;294393 wrote: I remember during the riders meeting that passing under power coming out of a turn on the inside, post-apex, is okay. I also think it's the safer way to pass coming out of the turn cause if the rider being passed drifts out from the apex, the passing rider can get pinched. Anyways, here's my vid from day 2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_hvZwxMBAw

Yes. That's perfectly acceptable.

As long as the bike you're passing is straight up and down
. Even though I've only been in this a couple years, I probably have done more TD's per year than the average NESBA customer. And I can promise you, the SE region in particular runs an extremely tight ship. If there are only two things they'd repeat a hundred times, it's the passing rules and to make sure your hand is up early for when you pit out.

You can argue all day about post apex BS all you want, but it's still an inside pass if you pass the rider on the inside while he's still leaned over.

This isn't rocket science, and I can't believe for as often as this topic gets covered, both on the forum and at the riders meetings, it still gets talked about as much as it does.

Now, what you probably misinterpreted (Which is 99.9% probable cause) is that as SOON as the bike you intend on passing stands back up, you're free to pass on whatever side you wish. But if the dude is at the apex, still neutral throttle just getting ready to roll on the throttle while decreasing his lean angle, that's still an inside pass. No debating that.

pje01

leanangler;295887 wrote: PJ, Check you PM's. I gave you a link to a video of the I session we rode together. or blast me your email, mine is jrnims@gmail.com and I'll send it to you there.
J.R. thanks for posting this video. Your coaching and this video are very helpful! I see lots for me to work on -- which I will thoroughly enjoy doing. Looking forward to next season already. Rock On!