i went to barber | video

Red Man

Good stuff. i will be riding my first trackday 2 April @RD ATL. Can not wait till it gets here. Hope more people post vids if they can I think it will certainly keep interest up and inspire new riders to do track days.

Trent1098S

Nice video Rico. This was the last session of the day, if I remember right.

You got me on the brakes in T1 early on the first or second lap when I was trying to get heat in the tires, but I got you back between 5 and 6 at a couple laps later (3:20something on the video) after the red Ducati with the boxy looking rear end ran wide. I remember watching that, going oh here's my chance! I ran out to the far right edge after turn 5 until the 4 marker then cut back in. I missed my normal turn in mark (little dark spot on the track I use), and it threw me off. I was sliding the front like crazy on the bottom of the hill by the museum. Carried a bit too much over the hump. I got lucky, or you would have had me in the gravel on that video. :)

You're riding real good man, hope to see you out there later this year when I drag my ass down south again this fall.

Good times!

rico750

Trent1098S;112228 wrote: Nice video Rico. This was the last session of the day, if I remember right.

You got me on the brakes in T1 early on the first or second lap when I was trying to get heat in the tires, but I got you back between 5 and 6 at a couple laps later (3:20something on the video) after the red Ducati with the boxy looking rear end ran wide. I remember watching that, going oh here's my chance! I ran out to the far right edge after turn 5 until the 4 marker then cut back in. I missed my normal turn in mark (little dark spot on the track I use), and it threw me off. I was sliding the front like crazy on the bottom of the hill by the museum. Carried a bit too much over the hump. I got lucky, or you would have had me in the gravel on that video. :)

You're riding real good man, hope to see you out there later this year when I drag my ass down south again this fall.

Good times!
yeah man hope to see you again. it was my first time in I-group and the first time on a 600cc bike. hope i didnt hold you guys too much :) i remember when you came back by.. my buddy on the duc wanted to pass and get in front so i let him.. forgot that you were back there too.. you came flying by and were gone :) it was so much fun. Barber is like disney land!

Trent1098S

You were doing great out there man!

I did get to follow you for a few laps in that last session and can offer a bit of advice, try lowering your upper body down a bit in the corners. If you get your head down next to your windscreen and your arm draped over the tank, it'll give you more confidence in the corners. Getting your center of mass down and inside lets you reduce the lean angle you carry. Then you can add the lean back in with more speed. :)

Barber is an awesome track. I got that same feeling the first time I rolled through the gate last November.

You're riding was really impressive, especially considering it was your first time out in I group! Keep it up man!

rico750

well thx man. the dude on the duc told me the same thing with my body.. get that head and shoulder lower.. and i did sometimes and it felt really good..but then i forgot :) this weekend jennings.. ill try to remember just have to learn alot too. i remember u passing me.. i was like darn.. haha :)
what kind of bike were u riding there? i remember hitting the straight with you and you were gone..

Trent1098S

Hope so. I'm planning on hitting Barber and Road Atlanta again towards the end of the season. In the meantime ride safe!

greeny

Trent1098S;112228 wrote: I ran out to the far right edge after turn 5 until the 4 marker then cut back in. I missed my normal turn in mark (little dark spot on the track I use), and it threw me off. I was sliding the front like crazy on the bottom of the hill by the museum. Carried a bit too much over the hump. I got lucky, or you would have had me in the gravel on that video. :)
why are you always so damn dramatic? :haha: :popcorn:

Trent1098S

Hell yeah. Who wants to hear "I sat on my ass for 7 hours watching the grass grow and the flies buzz, then a buck came down the path and I took a quartered shot"??? No.. you slow it down.. you take your time.. you tell about hearing the twig crack, pivoting slowly, taking aim.. locking eyes with the animal that's going to become your dinner...

It's not the story that matters. It's all about the storytelling. :)

shaugdog

Trent1098S;112514 wrote: Hell yeah. Who wants to hear "I sat on my ass for 7 hours watching the grass grow and the flies buzz, then a buck came down the path and I took a quartered shot"??? No.. you slow it down.. you take your time.. you tell about hearing the twig crack, pivoting slowly, taking aim.. locking eyes with the animal that's going to become your dinner...

You guys slay me. I'm laughing out loud in my office this morning!

rico750

Trent1098S;112514 wrote: Hell yeah. Who wants to hear "I sat on my ass for 7 hours watching the grass grow and the flies buzz, then a buck came down the path and I took a quartered shot"??? No.. you slow it down.. you take your time.. you tell about hearing the twig crack, pivoting slowly, taking aim.. locking eyes with the animal that's going to become your dinner...

i know man. the 20sec buck action becomes a 40min story.. and we somehow remember all the small details because we experience the whole thing.. im with ya man.!! The Basspro here in Tennessee has A SIGN over the front door. "welcome fishermen, hunters and all other liars" haha

Trent1098S

When I met Ted Nugent in 2008, I decided he is the "great granddaddy of hunting storytellers." Knocking an arrow and shooting a deer became a tale of epic proportions. And oh man, he can tell some tales about his African safari's... jeez.

He's got this Sunrise Safari site that his son Toby runs, where you can book guided hunting trips with Ted himself. Not really all that expensive, for having a hunt led by "the whackmaster". I signed up for Michigan shoot with him in 2008, but my daughter had to have open heart surgery in November '08 so I had to bail.

Hoping someday.. maybe this year.. to head out with him. Haven't had a vacation in a few years so I'm waiting to see if he has an African big game hunt this year.

Anyway yeah, back to the topic.. it's all in the storytelling! :)

rico750

zenpixel@yahoo.com;117639 wrote: what is the black dot in the video? it's during the straight after 2/3, coming into 5, then it disappears. UFO? black Hole?
it has to do with the gopro camera. It blocks out the center of sunlight for better recording :) some say eclipse :)