In between trackdays

bigkaley

Control Rider
Domiken;287610 wrote: Once I purchase a home and have a nice garage I will do what most of you do.
That's what I had planned on.... but there always seems to be something that needs done around the house/ garage first.... :banghead:

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
Ruhe52;286795 wrote: Bike goes on the lift. This may seem excessive but with somewhere between 28-34 days required in my mind to keep in top order

Bodywork debugged cleaned up then removed
- if time for oil change do oil and filter
- check all other fluids and top off where needed (if after 6th outing run fresh brake fluid through and bleed)
- check suspension and clean( 2 times a season linkage gets pulled cleaned fresh grease and installed this is also a good time for that mid season refresh on forks and rear shock at Performance Cycleworx :D )
- nut and bolt inspection. Yes every nut and bolt.
- check chain and sprockets for wear clean and re lube
Remove wheels do flip or fresh rubber inspect and clean wheels make sure wheel weights still secure and taped. Check bearings grease seals etc
- clean rotors, check pads replace if needed clean calipers , check all lines to make sure secure and no wear
- while wheels are removed clean entire chassis
-check radiator for debris and or bent cooling fines blow out track rubber from cox radiator guard
- install wheels, bodywork final wipe down
Ready to go.

Have this down without refresh to about an hour.

That hour assures me that the only loose nut on the bike is me:D
Besides checking looking the bike over throughout the day, this is my routine in a nutshell.

ANORXIC '51

Strip the track plastics off to give the bike a thorough check. Put the street fairings/equipment on until the next event. :)

Stealing from leanangler:

End of track day - Haul trailer and crappola home, chew or snort a Motrin, Advil, Aleve, and drink a beer or two.

Once home - Unload bikes, gear, empty cooler, salvaging any uneaten food before it sits in the trailer for 3 days in warm water. Wash socks and stuff newspaper in boots, helmet, gloves, and leathers.

That same night - Take hydrocodone, bp meds, arthritis meds, schedule appointments with doc and chiropractor, call work and tell them I'm too well to come in on Monday. Post some witty words on the various forums and let everybody know how much I improved before reviewing all GoPro vids and realizing I haven't improved at all, go ahead and send JRA another email telling him how much better I'm riding and hinting for a bump.

Next day - complete everything that Ruhe said by trailering the bikes over to Performance and getting on Chuck's schedule. Try to figure out a way to charge race fuel on the company credit card. Go sell a pint of blood and some bone marrow and hit the web to sign up for the next track day available.:dunno:

HJ

Ex. 39

hurricanejohn;289510 wrote: Stealing from leanangler:

End of track day - Haul trailer and crappola home, chew or snort a Motrin, Advil, Aleve, and drink a beer or two.

Once home - Unload bikes, gear, empty cooler, salvaging any uneaten food before it sits in the trailer for 3 days in warm water. Wash socks and stuff newspaper in boots, helmet, gloves, and leathers.

That same night - Take hydrocodone, bp meds, arthritis meds, schedule appointments with doc and chiropractor, call work and tell them I'm too well to come in on Monday. Post some witty words on the various forums and let everybody know how much I improved before reviewing all GoPro vids and realizing I haven't improved at all, go ahead and send JRA another email telling him how much better I'm riding and hinting for a bump.

Next day - complete everything that Ruhe said by trailering the bikes over to Performance and getting on Chuck's schedule. Try to figure out a way to charge race fuel on the company credit card. Go sell a pint of blood and some bone marrow and hit the web to sign up for the next track day available.:dunno:

HJ
:haha: youre a hoot, John! :adore: