In case you’re wondering...

dave675

PIRC on weekends! I went to them all!

Any consideration of Nelson Ledges? I heard it was repaved this year.

Nelson's runs it's own track days... LEAN Trackdays

With that being said, it would be nice if N2 could work out a deal with Nelaon's to fit it into the endurance series

While on the topic of endurance, Summit Point would be an awesome addition to the series.

wmhjr

Grandpa
Control Rider
Given the runoff situation, I'm honestly just not all that excited about Nelson. Yeah, the potholes are gone - but bikes are much faster these days and I'm just not interested personally. I was there long ago on 4 wheels - no real appetite to go back.

dave675

Given the runoff situation, I'm honestly just not all that excited about Nelson. Yeah, the potholes are gone - but bikes are much faster these days and I'm just not interested personally. I was there long ago on 4 wheels - no real appetite to go back.

Serious question...What is the difference if you hit a tire wall at 86mph or 91 mph?

I rode there a couple weeks ago and feel that the track is probably safer with the new paving. It is faster, but guys were going pretty fast there before the repave. At least now you don't have to worry about blasting a pothole if you get off the line or having cold patch hit you in the hand while behind another bike.

I also think there are far worse or at least the same dangerous corners at other tracks. Pitt Race has the fast kink right into armco, Summit point has the chute, Mid- Ohio has whatever the back section is called, Putnam has the turn that leads to the front straight, VIR has armco against the wall in the S's.

We all take a risk riding and racing motorcycles. I just don't see how Nelson's is any worse than other tracks

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
Everyone has their Achilles heel....me...Road Atlanta.

I REALLY like that track. Lots of fun. I like the elevation changes, the esses....just LOVE IT.

I've even crashed in the freakin' pits there.

I'm even hard pressed to consider going to that place to watch Moto America.

I got an uneasy feeling in the pit of my stomach last year on the way to Barber when I passed through Georgia for a little while.