Insurance Coverage?

STEAKUM

Like the title states, I'm trying to see who you have for motorcycle insurance coverage and have you ever filed a claim for damages whic occured during a trackday??
Any information you can provide will be appreciated.

barry38

State Farm. The covered my crash at Summit 2 years ago. Bike was totaled, bought it back as salvage and rebuilt it. Told them the exact details, they said as long as it wasn't racing or a timed competative event, it was covered.

Katie785

Depends on the state and company. You can request a copy of the policy contract before you purchase. Go to the first party collision/comp coverage section (usually section 3). Look at exclusions. Some do and some do not.

Sleeping Psycho

A long discussion on this issue took place last year on the old forum in the midwest section. You may be able to go back and find it. Good luck.

Oh by the way, after reading the thread, I came away with the impression that if all Nesbians were covered by State Farm, we would all be better off and covered for medical and damage to equipment.

STEAKUM

Thanks for the feedback and I'll search the old forum.
Geico is giving me a really hard time and I will update the entire member base when the dust settles............................outcome TBD :banghead:

Casper

STEAKUM;16398 wrote: Thanks for the feedback and I'll search the old forum.
Geico is giving me a really hard time and I will update the entire member base when the dust settles............................outcome TBD :banghead:
Just say you hit a deer...:D

crewnutz

Just hope State Farm doesnt have any inclination you might be racing.......

They dropped me last year after I had a bike insured with them and some how some way they found out I raced.........they immediately sent me a cancellation notice and I had to call and fight for about 2 weeks for them to not drop my coverage

I got to keep my policy but Im not eligible to receive the best rates anymore until like 2011

:mad:

STEAKUM

The key words they are hanging their hat on are in ' at a facility that can be or is used for racing'. :argh:

Blaise

Great. If you're racing on the street (like many idiots), you're covered.
If you're NOT racing on the track, then it's not?

Macon663

I think the point is that you "weren't racing". There are no official times, no finish order, no grid. Just a bunch of people riding around.

crewnutz

Blaise;16494 wrote: Great. If you're racing on the street (like many idiots), you're covered.
If you're NOT racing on the track, then it's not?
pretty much

kinda the same like if you ride on the track NOT racing your not covered

BUT if you ride on the street Drunk, you Are covered...........retarded

strgt

I crashed about a year ago, and neither my medical insurance is covering or my motorcycle insurance is covering my hospital bills. They are saying the other is responsible and now Im being reported to the credit agency for not doing anything. Anybody know who is at fault because I am lost about what to do now and theres no way I can pay 37k out of pocket for this.

Katie785

if m/c insurance denies, your health insurance picks it up. You need to get a denial letter from your m/c insurance (some dont even have med exp on them) and send it to your claims rep at the health ins cmpny

Blaise

strgt;16536 wrote: I crashed about a year ago, and neither my medical insurance is covering or my motorcycle insurance is covering my hospital bills. They are saying the other is responsible and now Im being reported to the credit agency for not doing anything. Anybody know who is at fault because I am lost about what to do now and theres no way I can pay 37k out of pocket for this.
Was this on the track or street?

strgt

On the track.

I sent them the denial twice already, and they are pretending to not have gotten anything. This happened a year ago and I am still fighting the hospital, insurance, and credit association. I am going to send it certified mail and have it so that somebody is required to sign for it. Then they cant deny it. They are saying the auto insurance has to cover it anyways. My auto insurance company said because it was off-road they wont cover it. This is my first time dealing with any insurance policy so they are probably both dicking me around.

crewnutz

strgt;16552 wrote: On the track.

I sent them the denial twice already, and they are pretending to not have gotten anything. This happened a year ago and I am still fighting the hospital, insurance, and credit association. I am going to send it certified mail and have it so that somebody is required to sign for it. Then they cant deny it. They are saying the auto insurance has to cover it anyways. My auto insurance company said because it was off-road they wont cover it. This is my first time dealing with any insurance policy so they are probably both dicking me around.

whos your medical provider?

some medical provider have exclusions towards activites like riding motorcycles on the track or offroad

read both your policies VERY carefully. your auto policy might say they will not cover if you are on a race track......doesnt matter if you were racing or not

you might be screwed, you might not.............hope it works out

crewnutz

strgt;16559 wrote: Lol thats comforting. Its blue cross blue shield, hopefully someone has expierience with them.

i dont but i know people that do have BCBS.........they DO cover racing incidents

if theyre dickin you around thats b/s, step up your efforts and make em pay up