Insurance Coverage?

mlmoore

I just had to talk Healthcare recoveries about my injury in June. I had no problems with the call. I think have a track only bike that is not registered or insured is the best approach. My phone call went something like this.

Q. What kind of accident caused the injury.
A. Motorcycle
Q. Was this motorcycle licensed.
A. No
Q. Like a dirt bike.
N. No, a sport bike used just for track days which are basically for riding skills improvement.
Q. So there were no other insurance claims.
A. No
Q. Thanks for your time. I'll take care of this inquiry.

Complete and honest answers on my part. The problems come in when there are multiple insurance companies involved and they are trying to spread the cost around. In fact the letter I received said exactly that ("That treatment may have been the responsibility of another insured, person or organization). Since there isn't another company to go after the process ends (Hopefully). I have checked and my health policy only excludes "racing". That could be my next hurdle but hopefully not. Health care is expensive these days someone has to pay the bills. My MRI was billed at over $5000.

dolfnz67

strgt;16552 wrote: On the track.

I sent them the denial twice already, and they are pretending to not have gotten anything. This happened a year ago and I am still fighting the hospital, insurance, and credit association. I am going to send it certified mail and have it so that somebody is required to sign for it. Then they cant deny it. They are saying the auto insurance has to cover it anyways. My auto insurance company said because it was off-road they wont cover it. This is my first time dealing with any insurance policy so they are probably both dicking me around.
Get your congressman to inquire on your behalf. They have someone on their staff that contacts the companies via mail inquiring on your behalf. I work for a Gov't agency and we have time limits on responding to these inquiries. I'm sure the big businesses are required to respond in a similar time frame.

strgt

dolfnz67;16599 wrote: Get your congressman to inquire on your behalf. They have someone on their staff that contacts the companies via mail inquiring on your behalf. I work for a Gov't agency and we have time limits on responding to these inquiries. I'm sure the big businesses are required to respond in a similar time frame.
That will be my next step. Like I said, I will be sending the denial from my auto insurance to the health insurance company via certified mail and request a signature upon arrival. That way they cannot deny that it was ever sent to them. If they decide to keep giving me the run around, ill take your advice.

crewnutz

mlmoore;16577 wrote: I just had to talk Healthcare recoveries about my injury in June. I had no problems with the call. I think have a track only bike that is not registered or insured is the best approach. My phone call went something like this.

Q. What kind of accident caused the injury.
A. Motorcycle
Q. Was this motorcycle licensed.
A. No
Q. Like a dirt bike.
N. No, a sport bike used just for track days which are basically for riding skills improvement.
Q. So there were no other insurance claims.
A. No
Q. Thanks for your time. I'll take care of this inquiry.

Complete and honest answers on my part. The problems come in when there are multiple insurance companies involved and they are trying to spread the cost around. In fact the letter I received said exactly that ("That treatment may have been the responsibility of another insured, person or organization). Since there isn't another company to go after the process ends (Hopefully). I have checked and my health policy only excludes "racing". That could be my next hurdle but hopefully not. Health care is expensive these days someone has to pay the bills. My MRI was billed at over $5000.

if your healthcare policy excludes racing I highly advise you to contact Brandon Parrish @ ridersurance.com
it is far to risky to go out there and race without having the health insurance to pay for the unfortunate that could happen

STEAKUM

Keep fighting and be persistant working yourself higher up the food chain - you will be successful, just keep with it.

sternsi

Control Rider
+1 on getting your local state rep involved. It is amazing what they can accomplish for you. You are paying for them, so put them to use for YOU!

If all else fails, pay them $1 a month for life. THey have to accept any type of payment arrangements!!

crewnutz;16634 wrote: if your healthcare policy excludes racing I highly advise you to contact Brandon Parrish @ ridersurance.com
it is far to risky to go out there and race without having the health insurance to pay for the unfortunate that could happen

thanks for the plug Brandon!

Sleeping Psycho

F*** Geico: they target their insurance to motorcyclists and then they sell a policy that doesn't give a cyclists what they need or thought they were getting. A bit deceptive I would say. BLACK LIST EM

STEAKUM

I waited until I got the settlement check to respond to this......................ANYONE WHO HAS GEICO SHOULD CHANGE THIER INSURANCE NOW!!!! GEICO has a clause that states "if used on a race track or facility / course that could be used for racing" the claim is NOT covered!!! I had to fight thru every frigging manager that GEICO had short of the frigging little Gecko himself! :banghead: to get my claim paid.
I warned them that I would be informing the entire NESBA member base of 40,000 +/- motorcycle riders that GEICO does not cover thier accidents while attending trackdays. This is insane!! :rtfm: In todays society when I have to commute and watch first time rider, 18 yr old assholes on new 1000's stunting thru traffic and the newspapers saying how unsafe sportbikes are.............to have them tell me what we do is un-insurable :doh:.
No more preaching..............If you have GEICO motorcycle insurance, drop it today and go elsewhere!

crewnutz

dude not to burst your little bubble...........but thats just stupid to say to drop Geico because YOU are riding your STREET bike...........wreck on the track and then ask for them to pay for it when YOU should have read your policy and knew that ahead of time

ignorance of something is no excuse

i dont condone people riding on the track, wrecking, and then making claims to their motorcycle insurance...........it further helps raise rates and give more insurance companies reasons for not wanting to insure sportbikes......

any insurance company that would condone people racing or riding their bike on the track is stupid.........people ride to the limit on the track and are 100% more likely to wreck and trash their bike.......if those people are allowed to make claims the insurance company would lose money big time, it doesnt make sense from a business standpoint

STEAKUM

Dude, FU-Ignorant my ass! The bike is a dedicated track bike for the past two years. I was specific with the person whom sold the policy when I got the policy last year and switched simply for combining all of our vehicles. I've had all bikes covered by policys at all times, including our ATV's and dirtbikes. I told them exactly what we do and at that time I was told that my bike and I were covered, 'even if it fell over in the pits'. The policy paperwork makes no mention of any exclusions to this point and that is specificly why I am advising our member base so that no one else gets burned if they think they are covered. It was not an issue until the check was to be cut that they questioned the policy coverage.
Sorry to have offended you with my ignorance and if you sell GEICO insurance I hope that no one here carries it with you! :argh: Many of our member base are both track and street riders and I am sure that the asshole standing on his seat of his 2008 1000cc bike thru traffic on one wheel deserves to file a claim because he is a safer rider :banghead:
This post is ment to be constructive and protect other members if you want to piss on it then so be your ignorance.....................:rtfm:

crewnutz

I dont sell Geico insurance or any insurance..........

if it wasnt in the policy YOU have in your hand and you DIDNT get any notice stating that they were adding that exclusion then its a no brainer that they would have to pay you, if they didnt a lawyer would have a field day with it

i was supportive in the beginning of the thread but i guess i just think its silly to come on here telling everyone to drop their insurance cause of this.........Geico insures Streetbikes not racebikes........

in the end you shouldnt take a bike to the track unless you can afford to throw it in the trash at the end of the day.......

oh and im very aware of NESBA's memberbase but thanks for the info anyways :rolleyes:

ANYways i hope its all worked out for you and be safe riding

RollieManollie

Control Rider
I have nothing of value to add to this thread. :D

I guess if I would have insurance on my track/race bike I could have gotten a new bike every year with all the goodies and all the nice leathers and gear but, I guess my ethic's got the best of me so I still ride the bike I have now! :dunno: :rolleyes:

Katie785

Gieco is not the only m/c coverage that does not cover this.. I can name almost all of them that dont and just found out that allstate and statefarm are also changing their policies to exclude track riding.. If you cant afford to crash your race bike, then maybe you shouldnt be riding on a race track? I know the dumbasses on the 1k's are just as bad, but the way they ride is different thatn the environment they choose to ride in. Insurance does not know HOW you ride.. .only WHERE you ride..

leigh

I've got nothing to add except that I just sold one of my bikes bringing me down to 2 total, and as a result my insurance (company unnamed, rhymes with qrogressive) decided to raise my rates. Apparently the multi-bike discount I had when owning 3 bikes was more than the cost to insure the third bike+the multi-bike discount I get with only two bikes. I really don't understand the insurance business. :dunno:

crewnutz

i dont pretend to understand the reason rates are what they are BUT insurance companies are in business to make money

just like the big oil companies.......it doesnt really make sense that they charge us so much for gas yet have the biggest profits in history BUT then again it does......they are there to make money, i cant say i blame them for anything they do

jorgea

Insurance Coverage

State Farm appears to be a fair company to consider. But I would first ask specific question before jumping in.

Most people who fly want to save when they find cheap flights or try to find cheap flights online. Everyone wants to find cheap airline tickets whenever possible or find cheap airline tickets offline very cheap. People of all walks are searching for cheap air travel discount everywhere they go. Some people would do anything to get cheap air travel discount for a lot less. Some Flyers conduct cheap flight search on a regular basis. Others do cheap flight search less often. Many people who fly try their best to locate cheap airfare deal anywhere while others do less to find cheap airfare deal online or offline. The airlines are constantly offering cheap plane tickets while travel sites also provide cheap plane tickets to the public. Most people overweight want to know how to lose weight fast in order to weight loss in no time they want detox diets for weight loss see theannon. Gamers love playing green grasses in free online games count in. His ccancer get the help free flash games bob went downstairs

mercury poisoning treatment mercury detox natural
safe mercury detoxification
lead poisoning antidote treatment
cancer treatment cancer treatments
adult autism treatment autism treatments autism cure autism how to cure autism how to treat autism