Interesting day at vir-n with stt today

LUCKEDUCK

I was there.. It didn't seem all that bad.... Little bit like following the leader in the first 2 sessions but not to bad.. Oh there was this one time idk who it was but he/she ran off the track after turn 9 and rode up to the track as me and a few other were following a CR and jumped right back on and damn near took the CR out!!! Big rookie mistake!! Someone must not of been listening in the morning meeting when they said to ride the bike to the corner worker station and get a ok to get back on the the track.. They even jumped right into the race line to make matters worse! I thought for sure it was going to get nasty!!

arhale09

I thought it was a pretty well run day, myself. 40 guys in A group, and I don't remember a red flag? There were obviously some folks who were new to North Course, but nothing you couldn't get around. Did you see some boneheaded sh*t?

Odd for an A rider to make this comment.

Without any details, such statements are normally hurled from the 'riders who ride flat out' in B and I group.

BZ

Meat

I am guessing he is commenting on bump-fest 2010 and the impact it had on the level of riding in Advanced group on Monday. But, this is purely a guess.

Meat:

Hopefully we'll receive some clarification.

Having rode VIR, albeit on a limited basis, I can say its the fastest and hardest track I have ever tried to ride. A good friend in our riding group, who is in I struggled with the track his first time their (see my signature). Curt said the best and most clean passes made on him were their and he felt he was 20 mph slower than everyone. A CR worked with him to help him get comfortable and I watched him from the sidelines and he really picked up the pace but you southern Nesbains still roared past.

Now I know why your southern guys and gals can ride the way you do.

BZ

JRA

Just FYI, we have fewer A bumps total, and we have a fewer per event A bump average than last year.

As was just stated above VIR is hard to learn. I know for a fact that we had quite a few riders in all three groups who had never been to VIR before.

Also, it's very frustrating to see things like this when we plainly ask members to come to us with their concerns. I would have gone out and taken a look at any rider/riders that someone had a concern about. I had no issues when I was out there and I didn't see anything crazy. Of course now I can't go have a look for myself because the event is over.

I'm not going to publicly criticize anyone's riding but I think we should all remember that no matter how good of a rider we think we may be, we will always be a rolling roadblock to someone else. No matter how good of a rider we be may there is going to come a time when we do something that someone else is going to perceive as stupid or dangerous. We all live in glass houses here and everyone would do well to remember that before they start throwing stones. People tend to have really long memories when it comes to this kind of thing.

Meat

Bubba Zanetti;147578 wrote: Meat:

Hopefully we'll receive some clarification.

Having rode VIR, albeit on a limited basis, I can say its the fastest and hardest track I have ever tried to ride. A good friend in our riding group, who is in I struggled with the track his first time their (see my signature). Curt said the best and most clean passes made on him were their and he felt he was 20 mph slower than everyone. A CR worked with him to help him get comfortable and I watched him from the sidelines and he really picked up the pace but you southern Nesbains still roared past.

Now I know why your southern guys and gals can ride the way you do.

BZ
I just mentioned what I thought he was talking about since there was a lot of talk about it throughout the paddock among members that will never post a bad word about nesba.

I have always been a huge supporter of nesba and have been very vocal about it, so I don't deserve one bit of bashing whatsoever.

Meat

JRA;147589 wrote:

I'm not going to publicly criticize anyone's riding but I think we should all remember that no matter how good of a rider we think we may be, we will always be a rolling roadblock to someone else. No matter how good of a rider we be may there is going to come a time when we do something that someone else is going to perceive as stupid or dangerous. We all live in glass houses here and everyone would do well to remember that before they start throwing stones. People tend to have really long memories when it comes to this kind of thing.
John,

I assume this is just a general comment and not indirectly directed at me as I have always been nothing but humble/realistic about my riding pace and abilities.

On a general side note:
I have enjoyed riding with nesba and have tons of friends with nesba. I knew by posting anything on this thread would mark me as a target, which is rather disappointing.

Casper

JRA;147589 wrote: Just FYI, we have fewer A bumps total, and we have a fewer per event A bump average than last year.
Whatever it is, it's working! In 3/4 years with Nesba, I've never seen "A" groups even close to capacity. Nice to see more folks out there as it gets boring lapping DZum.

MEAT: You sound surprised. lol (But the tone on this board has been much more friendly and businesslike this year.)

tomseviltwin

Control Rider
Oh, the drama. Monday was a freaking blast. Plenty of good consistent riding even by guys learning the track. What more can you ask for? :dunno:

Meat;147622 wrote: I just mentioned what I thought he was talking about since there was a lot of talk about it throughout the paddock among members that will never post a bad word about nesba.

I have always been a huge supporter of nesba and have been very vocal about it, so I don't deserve one bit of bashing whatsoever.
Meat:

Thanks for the info. and I sure hope my post wasn't taken as a 'bashing' brother as that was not its intent. I was curious as to what ruffled feathers.

Peace,

BZ