Intro ride, shared bike

Vitamin_J

I am bringing a friend along to NJMP. He is doing the demo ride and would like to do the intro opportunity on my bike. I only plan to ride a half day. Can he share my bike in the morning sessions in the B group?

BobbyG

The first two sessions are for the into group, sure you can share a bike with him for the intro. I don't know what time his demo ride is, But he is Required to attend the Nesba riders meeting and the "B" classroom which usually will run until after 0900. So depending on what time his demo ride is, he might have to pick which one demo or intro.

Vitamin_J

Does anyone know if the valid motorcycle license for the demo ride is a hard and fast rule? I you don't street ride anymore I guess there is no point in keeping the endorsement. Is it still ok to do the demo day?

rk97

^ i've done 2 yamaha demos through NESBA, and they've never asked to see my license (except at registration for the NESBA day)

the independent Yamaha demo I did (on public streets) this past weekend, they were checking licenses twice, and you had to be 21 to ride the R6 or R1. hahaha 21. cute. not sure what magically happens at 21 that makes you less squidly.

Vitamin_J

Figured as much. At 35 with gray hair, the 21 test won't require litmus. If this is on a closed course the license rule might not apply.

rk97

i just thought it was funny, because my brother (21) and I (26) immediately asked for the R6 and R1. We had shown up expecting ONLY the 'star' cruisers to be there.

the factory guys watched us like hawks as we eyed up the R's... they eased up a LITTLE when we both put on riding jackets, gloves, and full-face helmets. 95% of the other riders there (aside from the Yamaha guys) only had the required helmet.

one of the yamaha guys introduced me to the term "skin crayon" as we discussed the overwhelming lack of gear. I'm going to use that.