Iowa Speedway anyone?

zeus

Control Rider
Here is a chance for all the Mid-west and Mid-central nesba riders to get together and ride with nesba again. I have worked a deal to have nesba be a part of the first Iowa Grand Rally held at Iowa speedway in Newton, Iowa. The event dates are July 25-28. The nesba track days will be Saturday July 28 and Sunday July 29 on the infield of the Iowa Speedway. The hours will be a little different that the usual nesba day, but everything else will be the usual nesba format. The track goes green Saturday from 7am-3pm, and 8am-4pm on Sunday. The hour change is to not conflict with all the evening activities. All rider who buy a track day also get discounts to the rally event tickets. For more info on the rally you can go to http://www.iowagrandrally.com

If this event goes well we may have the option for more dates this year so please pass the word and get your friends to come out. As you may guess this is going to be a big event with upwards of 10,000 motorcyclist expected. So plan ahead for lodging as there is not much in the imitate area. We will have free camping in the pit area for Friday and Saturday night.

Hope to see all the familiar faces from both the mid-west and mid-central! Sign up early! I am sure it is going to sell out quick!

Also in the old Mid-Central fashion lets get a cook out going for Saturday night in honor of the Larson's!

NO MEMBERSHIP REQUIRED

jcwalter

Already signed up! This is fantastic thank you so much for getting this together. As some have already asked and you address some of this camping in the infield will be free! What about power for warmers and such in the pit area? I have never been there so don't know the layout. Someone said it was pretty nice just checking. Thanks again!

zeus

Control Rider
There is power near the pit area. Just bring at least a 50' cord or longer. I think last time it was even free.

xr1owner

Brent- will you send me some flyers so i can post them at the local shops? the ducati shop wants some.. I think they are in.

jcwalter

Will I be able to bring an RV into the pits as well? Not sure with all the other stuff going on that weekend and if there is space or a fee.

thull25

Do you know if there will be an entrance fee for family and friends to watch the nesba event only, not the Grand Rally?

zeus

Control Rider
jcwalter;241776 wrote: Will I be able to bring an RV into the pits as well? Not sure with all the other stuff going on that weekend and if there is space or a fee.
You can bring an RV it will just need to be parked in the pit area with everyone else.

zeus

Control Rider
thull25;242469 wrote: Do you know if there will be an entrance fee for family and friends to watch the nesba event only, not the Grand Rally?
People will be able to get into the in field just not the grand stands without a rally ticket.

pearsonm

I’m just now settling in from our relocation and getting the track bike up and running. I’m sorry if this has been covered, but will there be trackside support for this event? If not, where’s everyone getting their tires now? I’ve got a leftover set of new slicks but Iowa may be my outing since last August so I don’t want to waste them learning how to ride again.

Here’s a bonus question - what’s an equivalent to the old Pirelli Dragon Super Corsas? (Yea, I’ve been away that long.) For the money I always thought they were decent.

beac83

Are the concerts inside the track? If yes, where is the stage going to be, and how late will they run on Friday and Saturday nights? Wondering how much sleep I'll get with all that's going on.

adowdell

There is plenty of space up top for concerts, so I would suspect most of the concerty, general populace type activities will all be up top and significantly far away from any of the motorcycle action on track

adowdell

I also hope they are not running the full MOTO ST transition, and that they just keep it on the flat... Its a rather rough transition between the two...