Iowa speedway thread

phoenix

749scott;131548 wrote: voted for both days!!!
Thank you

Come on MidWest, you've got a big hole in your schedule that Iowa Speedway would really compliment!

July 24/25

Follow Jason's link or just go to MidCentral forum, it's probably the thread on top.

Amac955

Just in case all you Mid-West guys are wondering what Iowa Speedway is all about:

Iowa Speedway is a 1.3 mile track located in Newton Iowa, about 4-4.5 hours from Chicago. It is an absolute riot to ride. Ask Wink if you want a 2nd opinion on that one. It has an awesome, long, left-handed carousel and a tight infield section.

Before the Mid-Central region got cancelled, there was a tentative date of July 24th-25th and we are trying to get enough interest to make it happen. It has typically been one of the Mid-Centrals well-attended events, often with some Mid-Western Nesbians showing up.

Also, with the exception of SED Days, there is a break in the Midwest schedule between July 4th and August 15th. July 24-25 falls nicely right there in the middle of that.

Iowa Speedway is a Nascar/Indy track with an infield road course. The facilities are as nice as I've seen anywhere, on par with Barber.

beac83

The facility is super clean and nice, the track fun, and the mid-central hospitality incredible. Well worth the drive out from Chicago/Milwaukee.

Let's see if we can get this thing done!

I've been waiting to get back to Iowa since my first time last summer. What a fun little track....some speed, some tight corners, fast carosel, awesome facilities......

dlockhart5x

in

Lets go folks.. think autobahn N but with a challenging variety corners and world class facilities. Full on, real NASCAR garages, showers, bathrooms and a staff that really seemed to like us being there.

Just get on I 80 and go west to Iowa exit 168 for a no hassel road trip.
attachment.php

749scott

looks like the 326 machine in that picture :notsure:

I'm ready to see a new track!! Make this happen!!!

phoenix

dlockhart5x;134356 wrote: Lets go folks.. think autobahn N but with a challenging variety corners and world class facilities. Full on, real NASCAR garages, showers, bathrooms and a staff that really seemed to like us being there.

you forget to mention the saturday night meal that is legendary
!!

greeny

sounds like fun. i'd go but i have my buddy's bachelor party in mich that weekend. and ^^^ if i was in town, anyway. bummer.