Is anybody driving to the COTA MotoGP?

depredador1198s

Is anybody driving to Texas for the MotoGP from the NorthEast or SouthEast? I am looking to share in the expenses (I know it's quite the journey.)

andykurz

Wow, that is depressing. A rear sprocket the size of a basketball hoop belongs nowhere near roadracing.

GriffinD

noobinacan;270096 wrote: probably the most lame promo video ever made
andykurz;270101 wrote:
Wow, that is depressing. A rear sprocket the size of a basketball hoop belongs nowhere near roadracing.
3/4 of a Moto GP video is stunting?! :doh:

They really fugged up with that one. The footage of the track & the racers was great - they should've used that throughout. Absolutely terrible promo video!

gursesl

I am flying to watch the race, because I really want to see the $400M track, but I agree that shwantz and the promo video were two big flops. I bet you there will be no COTA on the 2014 calendar.

gursesl

Target audience

jcrich;270108 wrote: You all do realize that you are not the target audience for the promo, right?
I am the perfect target audience for the event. I am not the target audience for the promo video. Fire the ad agency!

depredador1198s

I agree 110% with all of the criticisms voiced thus far - Schwantz deserves much better (and he will get it after they settle in court - happens all of the time) and the correlation between stunting and MotoGP is appalling (Although watching Rossi stunting down the straights after some of his GP wins during the good ole days was epic.) - but we have to broaden the appeal to attract a bigger audience .

However, does anyone realize how difficult it was to get a GP in the US just a few years ago? The main reason for the difficulty was poor attendance/perceived lack of interest - the guys with the big pockets didn't see any money in it. Motorcycle racing flourished overseas while we complained that we had nothing here. :mad:

Does anyone realize why we can watch ASSCAR 24-7 on TV, yet we never know from one year to the next if, when and where we will be able to watch motorcycle racing here. Again, the answer is a function of the poor attendance/perceived lack of interest. :mad:

We now have THREE GPs in the US. I would suggest that we support them despite the points mentioned earlier because we are lucky to have them in the US . . . and they can leave the US market as quickly as they came . . . as quickly as the AMA appeared to leave SpeedTV . . . as quickly as the people that make the decisions can get the four wheel audience to show up in place of the two wheel audience
. :notsure:

In other words, quit complaining and put your $$ where your mouth is . . . otherwise, don't be upset when there's nothing left . . . :rtfm:

I am getting down off of the soap box now. :argh:

BTW, I think that this Road Racing World
article is apropos a this discussion: Editorial: The Biggest Threat To Professional Road Racing In America

If anyone is having issues with the cost of the MotoGP tickets there are always updates on FACEBOOK and email about tickets being given away throughout the season here and the local radio stations in Texas are having giveaways right now:

MotoGP Ticket Contest - Circuit of the Americas :cool:

MotoGP Ticket Contest - Circuit of the Americas :cool:

Unless you want NASCAR every day / all day you'd better stand up and support motorcycle racing . . .

Can I get an amen?

TimW

Amen.

As a rider and fan of motorcycle racing it kinda sux to see it dumbed down to appeal to the asses. But if it can pull some of the Stunt fans and bring in more coin...But so saying, that can be a double edged sword...