is this an okay spot for my bank angle sensor?

Cain

i just put some race fairings on my CBR f4i and i decided to mount the bank angle sensor here. i am just wondering if this location is okay and won't cause any problems for me. it seemed like the best location but let me know what you think. i mounted it with zip ties and secured it with electrical tape, so it's not going anywhere. it's kinda on an angle and the bike starts, but i don't want it dying in a turn (no bueno)...:doh:

CIMG1014.jpg

finny47

I have the same bike, but mounted mine on top of a GP tech fairing stay tucked under the gauges. I cannot find a reference in the manuals for the importance of the vertical position, except a reference to make sure the UP arrow is point up. The tilt sensor kicks in at "aproximately" 60 degree angle. If it was me, I would untape it, run the bike and then tilt the sensor forward just to make sure it doesn't cut out. I'd hate to see you brake hard downhill and loose the engine.

If you do run into problems, you can bypass the sensor by connecting the green and red/white wires.

Dave561

Control Rider
Director
Looks like it is angled forward. On my new 08 1000RR I had a similar mount and it cut out on me several times. Moved it to a more vertical mount and no problems since.