Is this tire this good or is it the bike?

updated

I did my first track day last month on my stock 05 gsxr 1000.
I was worried I would crash it so I bought an 02 R6 race bike.
My gsxr had new Michelin Pilot Power street tires. When exiting some of the corners I felt the rear kinda slip and hook, slip and hook. It wasn't bad it would just slip a little and than hook back up.
The R6 has Pirelli Super Corsa SC1 tires, a penske triple click rear shock and the forks were built by Traxxion. This bike did not slip at all and I found myself going way faster and feeling like the bike was horizontal with the road.
So, my question is, are the tires that much better or is it all the suspension that made me fell so much better?
Also, I looked at this tire on the internet and the price was $300 for the rear only, so I'm probly not going to be running it if I don't have to.

Thank you for any help!!!!

SimplyRed

Very hard to compare since you have a 1000cc (more power) vs 600cc, stock susp vs upgraded susp, and not knowing the actual riding conditions. So, hard to determine what's actually causing any slip you may be experiencing. But, in general, the track/street type tires (Pilot Power, Diablo Corsa III, etc) should work well if the bike's setup properly and you're not too hamfisted (true for any tire, really).

Having said that, the Pirelli SC offers more grip since it's a race tire versus the street / track day duty Pilot Powers. It's a great tire, and actually the Diablo Supercorsa is the latest version. You can also consider the Pirelli Diablo Corsa III, which is basically in the same class as the PP. Wrt price/purchasing, you'll get a much better price from NESBA than you quoted. Send Chris Moon an e-mail at "parts @ nesba.com" for pricing/ordering.

Quantum_Ape

Wanted to mention, i would recommend using Chris Moon for parts as well! He really came through for me and he was great to work with! Also great prices.

Just wanted to put my two cents in.

Brian Laws

Sounds more like you got a bike that is better set up for suspension and with a little less HP you don't have to fight the throttle on corner exit. Personally I like the Pirellis. I would recommend you go with the DCIIIs as they have every bit the grip of a SC Pro on the edges, but heat up faster and cycle better. They are even better in the wet! The only thing better about the SC Pro is when you really start pushing hard, and I mean top A group pace, the tire will get a little greasy. I believe you can get a set from Moon for $253.

updated

WOW!! Thanks for all the replies.
I think I will try the Diablo Corsa 3.
I was reading some other threads on this tire and it appears alot of riders like it.
I will also contact Chris Moon,

Thank you

PJZOCC624

+1 on whats been said (less power, better suspension)

I had PP on my 1000RR. Had Pirelli's previously. LOVE the Powers. My feeling is the Powers offered (for ME) better feedback and felt I could predictably slide the rear (and front, actually) with better feel. I felt the Pirelli rear gave away more quickly than the Michelin. (ie a couple near high-sides with the Pirelli rear getting away vs. the Michelin sliding but not losing grip... make sense???) I think the fronts on both are VERY close, but for rear end feel, I liked the Powers better. (also, the 2CT Powers are even better than the street)

The Powers are awesome in the wet, also, too, by the way, as well.