Is this what DOT 5 looks like?

dude

In my case the choice has been made for me unfortunately but thats very good point. Eh gonna have to flush it out some time later this year.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
Jack is spot on...do not use DOT 5 brake fluid. My friend did an endo after changing to DOT 5...it clogged his master cylinder due to the silicone base.

Lonewrench

Now I'm not saying we don't allow it but most racing organizations dont! The reason?, Its silicone based of course,it's a real bitch to get off the racing surface like anti freeze and oil;):wow:

moto1320

Irish01;227759 wrote: That looks like a watered down version of this.

ate_superblueracing_BF.jpg

But since no one will ever know for sure I'd bleed ALL your lines just to be safe.
This is what I use, good stuff. Switching to silicon is a pain in the **s, but probably the biggest reason is that if you're in a pinch you'll be one of the handful of people running the DOT 5 and you can't get fluid for it anywhere like you can Dot 4. Plus the ATE Super is Smurf blue, which is good for 5 hp...

bcwood

Been using dot 5 for a while now . No problems. Cant tell a difference performance wise at all . No better no worse . O yea , its the generic brand at advance auto .

Southerly

Motofun352;228476 wrote: The arguments on DOT 3/4/5.1 vs DOT 5 are almost as old as those on which oil to use. :D
Speaking of which, I figure I can save a lot of money if I switch to using this oil from NAPA instead of the Triumph/Mobil 1 15W-50. After all, whats the worst that can happen.