Isle of Man TT - This Week!

Louber

This week is race week at the Isle of Man TT! TV Coverage is on Velocity channel each night at 11pm. If you don't know, this is one of the last true "road" races, featuring a 37(!) mile circuit and average speeds over 130mph. The skill and bravery of the riders is beyond belief.

I was fortunate to attend last year's IOMTT and it was absolutely incredible. This race was actually my chief inspiration for getting into track riding.

Has anyone else been there?

If you are thinking of going, let me know! I'm happy to give some pointers.

raineman021

Eric Raine
Attending the IOMTT is on my bucket list. That is awesome you were able to go! I watch it on TV every year. What those guys do is just mental. I hope it continues to be what it is for many years to come. Almost seems surreal that something like that still exists in this day and age. 'Tis a beautiful thing :like:

DucRider969

Made it to the TT last year too! Unbelievable, and we lucked out on the weather right? As good as the BEIN Sports coverage is now, it's hard to appreciate the speed without actually being there...mind blowing. Bummed I'm missing Guy Martin's return, but I've got the DVR fired up!

fowlplayracing

Steve
Control Rider
My wife and I visited the TT last year too. We were lucky enough to meet Norton rider Dave Johnson and actually spend time with his parents. Spoiled us for future visits but we made the decision to try and return every year... and then of course this year we had to cancel ☹️
Watching it on tv after having been there makes it way more exciting

Ron R

Attending the IOMTT is on my bucket list. That is awesome you were able to go! I watch it on TV every year. What those guys do is just mental. I hope it continues to be what it is for many years to come. Almost seems surreal that something like that still exists in this day and age. 'Tis a beautiful thing :like:

Exactly!!
Hope to make it some year

Louber

My wife and I visited the TT last year too. We were lucky enough to meet Norton rider Dave Johnson and actually spend time with his parents. Spoiled us for future visits but we made the decision to try and return every year... and then of course this year we had to cancel ☹️
Having seen the circuit firsthand and knowing some of the corners helps make the TV coverage much more interesting. VERY interesting to see the young guys pick up speed. Hickman and Kneen look to be nipping at the heels of Hutchy and Dunlop, at least on the supersport and superstock bikes....

Louber

Also, that Norton might be the most evil sounding machine I have ever heard. :devil::devil::devil:

fowlplayracing

Steve
Control Rider
One of the better pics from our trip. Creg ny baa corner during the supersport race.
This is a screen shot of an online magazine pic from an article about Dave and the Norton. Can't remember exactly what we were looking down at but our friend Collin, myself in the middle and my wife managed to photo bomb unknowingly in the back ground.
We did a full lap around the course in an SUV and the one big noticeable thing to me was that tv doesn't show just how steep the Ramsey hairpin is.

Attachments

• IMG_3107.JPG
    IMG_3107.JPG
    155.2 KB · Views: 6

fowlplayracing

Steve
Control Rider
One of the better pics from our trip. Creg ny baa corner during the supersport race.
We watched some sidecar practice from the other side of Creg ny baa. Pretty cool view of them coming down the hill but it was close to sundown and the pics aren't that good.

fowlplayracing

Steve
Control Rider
VERY interesting to see the young guys pick up speed. Hickman and Kneen look to be nipping at the heels of Hutchy and Dunlop, at least on the supersport and superstock bikes....
I'm a bit of a Hickman fan too and although I don't drink anymore I did try a TROOPER beer while I was there.