It's the New Guy - Charlotte, NC

Steevnc

Hi everyone,
Thought I'd drop in and introduce myself. I'm Stephen and I live in Charlotte, NC. I ride a 2007 GSX-R600 and just experienced my first track day, sort of, last Saturday. Went to spectate (that means watch) as my friend was riding that day. We were at CMP (Carolina Motorsports Park in Kershaw, SC). The track day was offered by Track Tactics and they did a free "casual" ride at noon. I wanted to experience the whole track riding thing as I've always been interested. Well, I think I got hooked on just 4 laps. So here I am trying to read and learn as much as possible in order to experience more track days and hopefully, if I get good enough, race. Thanks for having me.
-Stephen

Steevnc

Thanks for all the great warm welcomes. I'll keep my eyes open for get together's and track days. Thanks again!
@HondaGalToo - Thanks, we both have good taste!
@bmart - thanks again for the lever, it looks and feels great!
@noobinacan - thank you, actually I could use a chain breaker if anyone has one...wanting to do a new chain/sprocket and no matter how long I stare at the chain with my finger on my temple (eyes squinting for additional effort), it just won't break.
@Rasta and HighWay - Thank you. I ride as much as possible so as long as people are willing to invite me, and I can make it, I am willing to attend!

booboo1

Im in Charlotte also. I ran last Sat at CMP. Have track bike and street. What part of Charlotte are you in?

Steevnc

I live in Harrisburg, just north of UNCC. Going to the mountains tomorrow. We'll be in Marion by around 9:30am and we'll be running around 226, 9, BRP and other cool stuff. 516 353-3596

noobinacan

Steevnc;205855 wrote: Thanks for all the great warm welcomes. I'll keep my eyes open for get together's and track days. Thanks again!
@HondaGalToo - Thanks, we both have good taste!
@bmart - thanks again for the lever, it looks and feels great!
@noobinacan - thank you, actually I could use a chain breaker if anyone has one...wanting to do a new chain/sprocket and no matter how long I stare at the chain with my finger on my temple (eyes squinting for additional effort), it just won't break.
@Rasta and HighWay - Thank you. I ride as much as possible so as long as people are willing to invite me, and I can make it, I am willing to attend!
sending PM

jfeagin

Steevnc;205772 wrote: ...Went to spectate (that means watch) as my friend was riding that day....
Spectators in spectacles may be spectacular. But I'm skeptical. :D

Welcome!

Steevnc

jfeagin;205962 wrote: Spectators in spectacles may be spectacular. But I'm skeptical. :D

Welcome!
Pat Sajak would be so proud of you for using R-S-T-L-N and E, multiple times.
I see The Wheel of Fortune in your future.

smack28752

Steevnc;205912 wrote: ... Going to the mountains tomorrow. We'll be in Marion by around 9:30am and we'll be running around 226, 9, BRP and other cool stuff...
Welcome to NESBA. You are in for a big time. BTW, I am in Marion all the time. Let me know when you come again and I will show you some more excellent roads!!

fire_runner

Steevnc;205772 wrote: We were at CMP (Carolina Motorsports Park in Kershaw, SC). The track day was offered by Track Tactics and they did a free "casual" ride at noon.
Stephen - You know the same org is doing another weekend at CMP Sept 24/25? My friend Dawn is going, she's pretty involved with them, was with them when they started the org up in 2007 out in Cali. I'd love to get you two in touch if you're gonna be there, she'd love to meet you!!

Martinique

Steevnc

Yeah, that sounded great. Too bad I didn't set my alerts to let me know you replied to the message. My loss! Thanks for letting me know!