JC Cancelled

Nesba

Due to lack of attendance the JC event has been cancelled.

Sorry for the short notice.

We will also send an email in regards to Main on Monday and SED on Tuesday and Wednesday very soon.

USMC_10

Thanks Bob. Appreciate the info. Is there any chance to slide over to Main? With WERA rescheduling Sunday's race for Oct, it appears Main will be available. By moving to Main I'm sure that will spark additional interest to meet numbers to run an event at Summit on Sunday.

Thanks,
Mike

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
USMC_10;288737 wrote: Thanks Bob. Appreciate the info. Is there any chance to slide over to Main? With WERA rescheduling Sunday's race for Oct, it appears Main will be available. By moving to Main I'm sure that will spark additional interest to meet numbers to run an event at Summit on Sunday.

Thanks,
Mike
Main! Main! Main! :)

R1Baby

Control Rider
If they do not have the attendance for JC on Sunday, how could they possibly do Main? Would need even more bodies for the higher cost of the track.

quicker69

I must have missed the email that JC was cancelled.I did get an email that Main is in need of riders,maybe it went into a spam.My 3 buddies that signed up for JC dont play on the forum much....guess I better let them know.Good luck on Main!

MrK

beechkingd;288857 wrote: Damn, I was just about to sign up and noticed it disappeared! Hope it wasn't just one short...
It's all your fault lol . My bet is they were way off. Sign up for monday

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
R1Baby;288822 wrote: If they do not have the attendance for JC on Sunday, how could they possibly do Main? Would need even more bodies for the higher cost of the track.
I don't know of anyone, given the choice, would prefer to run Jefferson over Main. Not saying Jefferson is bad at all (Hell, I was signed up for it, along with 2 new-to-track friends).

I know for dang sure running Main attracts more racers from WERA/CCS, because they don't race on Jefferson circuit. You can't beat NESBA's prices for track days, and it's the cheapest way to get the most seat time on track for practice reasons.

Maybe now is the time NESBA should be pushing harder with the Coleman dealership days, when we could use the extra riders?

USMC_10

Otto Man;288885 wrote: Maybe now is the time NESBA should be pushing harder with the Coleman dealership days, when we could use the extra riders?
Nice observation Otto Man...anyone who follows TPM knows that almost all of their track days are now combined events (whether combo bike/car, partner shared events with local dealers, Octane Sponsored, etc). You almost can't sign up for a TPM track day and ride with just TPM.

NESBA isn't as prone to doing that, which is great for the hard-core NESBA-loving TD rider. That said, we do recognize from a business and sustainability standpoint it makes sense to schedule combined/shared events. I really like NESBA TDs for the fact that I know the members and know who comes to the track. During combined events it often become a mess...one need only look at the NESBA/Coleman day at Summit Main on 8/26. While still fun, unless you were in A group, you spent the better part of your day trying to avoid from colliding into other riders. There are many posts on this forum supporting these comments.

BL: Most prefer just NESBA, but if it means we need to combine our TDs to keep the club alive, well let's rip the band aid off and do it.

----Break-----Break-----

Bob Blandford - NESBA club members are loyal and want to keep NESBA going. As the season winds down let's put our heads together to develop ways to overcome these problems. No one likes to see posts from you notifying us of impending TD cancellations (let alone FOUR TDs in a row). There are many smart people in this club, some with very thoughtful ideas...let's gather these ideas and put together a plan so we don't face this problem next season. I'm convinced NESBA has the greatest reputation of all TD providers in the region. Let's use this to our advantage to generate a more sustainable TD program!

Zebman

Was waiting for the word from my buddy to sign up for JC. Ffffuuuuu, seasons over for me unless something replaces it on Sunday.

Zebman

gjbuttaro44;288957 wrote: Come on everyone...let's show enough interest to bring Sunday back
If they've already sent out the email and this much time has already passed, people have likely tried to get back on at work or have made other arrangements, and if they've already issued credit/refunds... game over.

Sucks, but I have school during the week, which cannot be called off lol, so Sunday is my track day.

Kruizen

Control Rider
Coleman/Dealer days are a good way to draw in new riders, but if those days continue to be run like the last one, then its also a good way to loose loyal NESBA riders.

I have sent my comments directly to the higher powers about what I saw during the last Dealer Day.

There needs to be a happy medium between a truely NESBA day and a DEALER DAY.

schreib

I'd like to put out there that I am very disappointed by the short notice and cancellation. I was hanging out at a WERA race at summit point this year supporting a buddy when a NESBA CR who was in the races stopped by and convinced me to sign up for another track day after not coming out for 3 years. My main reason for stopping was the traffic and always being a very crowded track but I was told that was no longer the case and there was lots of open track now. I signed up for this day and Main on monday just to be informed today by a co-worker who saw this post that it was cancelled. I didn't receive an email about this cancellation but I did receive an email about Main being potentially cancelled due to lack of attendance as well. Signing up for two days to have one cancelled and one probably cancelled? This really wasn't how I wanted to get back into track days at all.