JC Cancelled

jcrone

I can understand the cancelation but I only logged onto the page to try and book another date for this year and noticed I had a credit. An e-mail would have been appreciated. I would have been the only moron rolling into West Virginia Saturday night!

Jwlman

I don't understand why an email has not been sent out saying this event was canceled. Some people don't check the forums and might not find out until they show up on Sunday. If I showed up to Summit only to find out the event was canceled I would be PISSED and probably never ride with Nesba again.

Lucky for me I check the forums so I know it is canceled. I also told my brother who doesn't check the site.

t_j

Why was this not included on the email about monday? I went to sign up and it was missing from the schedule and signup pages... I'm sure that I'm not the only one that finds it hard to justify taking monday off to go to the track, its a little easier when you are already there for sunday anyway.

Nesba

The email was sent out to all people who were registered. If you did not get an email, check your spam or ensure the email that is in your profile is accurate.

t_j

Nesba;289141 wrote: The email was sent out to all people who were registered. If you did not get an email, check your spam or ensure the email that is in your profile is accurate.
I think the point people are making in this thread is, that if the lack of interest was shown in the email that went out about Monday they would have signed up earlier, possibly resulting in the day not getting cancelled.

Nesba

I just want to be very clear here. This is simple economics. If the event doesn't pay for itself the club will not hold the event.

If you want the event to be held, every member has the power to ensure it does.

By not registering, you are telling me that you do not want that event on the schedule next year. This is what will happen in the years to come until demand becomes high enough to warrant additional events.

This is a non-profit club that is designed to help you with track time and instruction. If you don't support the events, those unsupported events will go away.

Jwlman

t_j;289142 wrote: I think the point people are making in this thread is, that if the lack of interest was shown in the email that went out about Monday they would have signed up earlier, possibly resulting in the day not getting cancelled.
Nope, I straight up didn't get an email at all. I have talked to two others that didn't get one and a couple of the posters above seem to not have gotten one. Not in my spam and my email address is correct in my account settings. Must have been some technical issue on the nesba end.

rmadursk

Nesba;289149 wrote: By not registering, you are telling me that you do not want that event on the schedule next year.
Maybe for some, if it weren't for the broken bones from the last day I rode I would have signed up :eek:

gjbuttaro44

Nesba;289149 wrote: I just want to be very clear here. This is simple economics. If the event doesn't pay for itself the club will not hold the event.

By not registering, you are telling me that you do not want that event on the schedule next year. This is what will happen in the years to come until demand becomes high enough to warrant additional events.

This is a non-profit club that is designed to help you with track time and instruction. If you don't support the events, those unsupported events will go away.
Makes perfect sense. I was just hoping we could get enough people interested so it would work out

erichmond

Nesba;289149 wrote: I just want to be very clear here. This is simple economics. If the event doesn't pay for itself the club will not hold the event.

Bob,

Just wanted to let you know the only reason I didn't sign up for JC on 9/22 is because I have a wedding to go to this weekend. I LOVE Jefferson and hate to miss any opportunity to ride that track and I really hope you continue to put JC on the schedule for 2014 and beyond. I would support a price increase if that is what's needed to keep JC.

Best, Ed

Zebman

erichmond;289168 wrote: Bob,

Just wanted to let you know the only reason I didn't sign up for JC on 9/22 is because I have a wedding to go to this weekend. I LOVE Jefferson and hate to miss any opportunity to ride that track and I really hope you continue to put JC on the schedule for 2014 and beyond. I would support a price increase if that is what's needed to keep JC.

Best, Ed
Same. Greatly prefer JC to Main until I get a little quicker and more comfortable. The 150+mph straight isn't my favorite.