Jennings Feb 18-20

trekuhl

Control Rider
Twiztedjester55;102941 wrote: Dave, is there going to be CR's riding B & I, there is obviously not going to be a shortage of them there.
Acutally i will be CR'ing the I group, so no one is allowed to pass me without a wave by :p

trekuhl

Control Rider
Twiztedjester55;103001 wrote: Either your arm is going to be sore or there will be a heck of a traffic jam:saythat:
:haha: tie down your skirt JJ, i dont want your sparkly thong showing when i whip by ya...

TwoTyres

Speaking for myself, i really don't think the I group needs a CR but it would be nice to follow someone who knows the lines and track for the first session or two of the first day. Not CRing, just riding slower so we can keep up.
If any of you A guys are working on something and want to ride off the A pace then jump down to I and tow some of us around, I'm sure we wouldn't mind.

I hope to bug someone who knows suspension so i can get mine tweaked and dialed in.

are any of the JGP locals signed up?

trekuhl

Control Rider
TwoTyres;103014 wrote: Speaking for myself, i really don't think the I group needs a CR but it would be nice to follow someone who knows the lines and track for the first session or two of the first day.
no worries, im just messin. get a little smack talk going :hand:

JJ is actually correct in his posting :argh:

Dave561

Control Rider
Don't worry Lee there will be a few guys there that can tow you guys around a bit.

The track is not a very difficult one to learn. Turn 1 is a double apex. Clip it a little early drift out and back to clip the back half of the turn. Respect the kinks. You're building a lot of speed through there and if you get lazy you can find yourself on the edge of the track quick. The hardest part is gaining the confidence to get through 3-5 faster and get most of your braking done right before 6. 7-11 benefits from a late apex to set yourself up better for the next turn and the drive out of 11. 12 is pretty fast and the last 2 turns make sure you clip 14 a little late on the exit to get the drive down the straight.

Smithereens

Control Rider
N2
Dave's pointers are pretty good......especially regarding the kinks.....the edge of the track does come up really quickly if you get even a little lazy there. Really got my attention last year!

If anyone needs pointers regarding the best lines off the track at Jennings.....JJ can help with those:)

Revvin' Evan

Twiztedjester55;102946 wrote: Yeah, it's gonna be my first time on a 600 so I have to figure out this whole shifting thing:dunno:, can't just ride around in a couple of gears like on my liter. Also never ridden GP shift either but that shouldn't take too long to figure out.
And figure out the whole wide open throttle thing too. Make sure you take extra tampons with you.:haha:

Twiztedjester55

Revvin' Evan;103167 wrote: And figure out the whole wide open throttle thing too. Make sure you take extra tampons with you.:haha:
I've been trying to talk you into coming so I could just borrow some of yours.

Revvin' Evan

Twiztedjester55;103170 wrote: I tried telling people about the sprinklers but they didn't believe me
They never do.......until they get bit in 9 and have no idea why.:notsure: Faulty sprinkler system that JJ and Evan warned about :idea:

Twiztedjester55;103171 wrote:
I've been trying to talk you into coming so I could just borrow some of yours.
Are there still spots open? Stacy is still toying with the idea of covering the trip for me, kind of a "thanks for being an awesome guy/amazing in the sack/having nice 'equipment':cool: present." track fee, fuel, beer, tires ......gets expensive fast.....might have to skip on tires to have extra beer money. It would be a lot easier decision for her if she got to go. But if its not warm enough for her to parade around in one of those child size bikini's she won't go.......which decreases my chance of going:nada:

Twiztedjester55

Check with Dave, they might have an "I" spot open. I told someone I could take them, but I'm sure we could figure out a way to fit 3 bikes in my trailer.

robby23rd

Is there an easy way to determine if i need tires? The set i have now were purchased from a trackdayer who used them for 2 days. They were in good condition when i got them, i would say i've put less than 1000 miles on 'em.

Should i just get a new set and mount 'em?

Oh yea, they're Pilot Power 2CT's and i'll be in the "B" (SLOWER) group most likely the entire weekend since this will be my very 1st time at the track