Jennings Feb 18-20

robby23rd

I dont think the tire issue will be in the back of my head, it was more of a will they last for 3 days type of thing. Most of the guys i ride with on the street are in the I and A groups and tend to shred tires rather quickly on the track, I'm FAR from that pace, but didnt want to ASSume my pace would prolong the life of my current tires.

I'll get the pics up ASAP

TwoTyres

purchase new tires and bring them along. when you wear out the set you have on there now, install the new set.

TwoTyres

http://www.trackwhores.com/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=384

Jennings GP Track Day in Florida (4960 NW CR152, Jennings FL, 32053)
When: Feb 18, 19 and 20, 2010

$300 for all three days of riding (paypal or check, please PM for payment info)
50 Rider total over 3 groups (15-20 riders per group)

Free Camping
Free Showers
Tire service available. $10 per tire change or flip

Minimal Bike Preparation
All glass, headlight, turn signals, and plastic lenses, taped over or removed.
Mirrors removed
License Plates removed
Passenger foot pegs zip-tied or removed.
Tires should be at least 75% of new condition.

Recommended Bike Prep (not required)
Remove all lighting fuses
Removal of coolant and replaced with water & water wetter
Tire weights taped
Kickstand removed (you will need a bike stand if this is performed)

MANIX

Control Rider
Me and my my son are counting the days till we leave. Cant wait . 30 days and we are on our way!!!!!!

Dave561

Control Rider
Track is grippy and abrasive. At least for interned and up I'd count on doing a tire flip or a rear tire.

TwoTyres

Those who have driven, with a trailer to Jennings before. How long does it realistically take to get there? Mapquest states its 920miles and takes 14.30hrs. I know we will be stopping for gas/food and maybe dinner.
So 15 hrs should be doable? I am trying to get an idea of when we need to leave so we don't pull in after the gates are locked.

What about the return trip, do you leave after the last session and head back driving through the night? Stop at a hotel or just leave the next day after spending another night at the track?
Oh, driving will be shared between 3 of us.

Dave561

Control Rider
This is what we have done for longer trips like Barber, Jennings and Road Atl. 4 man driving crew and leave the night before the day before the event around 7-8PM. 2 guys up front and 2 in the back trying to sleep/rest. As the driver and co-pilot get tired you switch up and then they can try to get some sleep. This puts you down there the day before the event with plenty of time to pick up food supplies near the track. This also maximizes on fuel economy and time because of the decreased traffic while driving through the night and gives you a little wiggle room if you need to address any problems during the trip.

As for time I've found that mapquest and fuel stops balance out pretty well for the longer trips. Add some time for the dinner stop and your 15hr estimate doesn't sound too bad.

Landshark

Control Rider
Plan on 16.5 hours. I'm 45 minutes south of you and I tow a pretty big trailer (40') at 70 mph.
I drive the entire trip so i stop at the Ga. line and pick it pack up in the am. Jennings closes the gates at 10pm. Plan arrival around that.

Twiztedjester55

I'm about halfway between Baltimore and DC and I'm pretty sure it took us about 12-13 hours and both times I've been we've driven straight through leaving after the track day was over. The first time we had to get a room on the way down because Evans truck broke down in South Carolina.

Dave561

Control Rider
Some more details for the trip

Power is available, no additional fee to riders.

There is race fuel available through Jennings. For pricing and availability please check with them.

I just paid for the gate to be open from 5-10PM on Wed. Please plan to be there at that time. Otherwise you will need to camp outside the gate and enter at 7AM on Thursday morning

Photos for all 3 days is $50 per rider and many have already committed so Ray will be joining us in Feb

At this time no concessions. I have not gotten enough response to guarentee their presence.

I'll have a full size grill down there and a large coffee maker. Anyone is welcome to use the grill.

Also tire changes will be $10 per rim for install or flip. You need to provide the tires.

If anyone wants to order from Moon at Nesba, I'm 20 minutes from the shop and can pick up

erick1670

I want it to this event(BADLY)

I wanted to do this trip but I could not get a ridebody:banghead:,but maybe next year,have fun & be safe to everyone going

Dave561

Control Rider
For those that are not yet paid, payments need to be made by this Friday unless other arrangements are made