Just a little FYI on gas.......

I've always been anal about getting 93 octane for my bike. Anytime I fill up for a track day (bike and gas can), I put some in my van first to flush out the lower octane. But it's always been a pure guess as to how much needs to go through until it switches over..........

On my way out of town to Gingerman, I stopped to fill up. A repair man came to fix a hose next to mine. So i asked him how much it took to switch over. He showed me the inside of the hose..........surprised to see the actual tube inside that carries gas is less than 3/8 inch, the rest is for vapor recovery (newer hoses). The gas switches over by valves at the top of the hoses. Since he was replacing a hose, he had to pump gas through until it filled the hose, which the dial measured. The answer? .28 gallons!!! That's it. And here I was going over a gallon. So if you fill up your bike (5 gallons?), .28 out of 10 isn't much. 2.8% for the mathematicians out there.

Will I still dump some in the van? absolutely!

dmb367

0.28 gallons of regular changes your 5 gallon container to 92.66 Octane. I would be more worred about the 10% ethanol in your gas . . . (something else to make you paranoid :D )