Just bought a new track bike CBR600RR 05

Rassie

Hi folks,

It's been a while since I have been on this forum. This year has been very hectic with work and all that and since I crashed my trusty Super Chicken in my first track day of the year which led to repair time and other problems with the old Chicken on subsequent tracks days I decided to look for a newer bike. Chicken is doing fine now though, managed t o sort out all the issues. I was looking for either a GSXR600 or a CBR600RR.

So this weekend I went to the Carlisle Bike Festival and picked up an 05 CBR600RR with only 3000 miles, bodywork is trash, everything else is super good. I even got a clean title. Now for the build. I need the following.

Race fairings
Race exhaust can
Right handle bar clip on
Rear Subframe
Fairing and gauge bracket
Gas tank

I also have the following questions.

Which years parts are interchangable? It looks like the 05 and 06 are pretty much the same. Any Advice would be helpfull. :popcorn:

Regards,
Rassie

ThePro8

You are pretty much limited to the 05 - 06 models. The 03-04 and the 07-08 aren't the same.

Right clip on - you might be better off just going aftermarket. The stocks aren't in that good of a riding position.
Race fairings - Cheap brands are a pain in the ass to fit. Take a look at armour bodies. we get a discount through them.
Fairing and gauge bracket - I'd go aftermarket again on this. Check out Vortex.

If you need more help PM me.

Rassie

ThePro8;4096 wrote: You are pretty much limited to the 05 - 06 models. ....

If you need more help PM me.
Steve,

Thanks that information is already very helpfull. Are all the parts between an 05 and 06 interchangeable or not? Also do you have any advice on suspension setup. I am 175 pounds dry, about 185 with full kit and a glass of water..

This is prolly a bit of a loaded question but are you happy with your bike, anything you do not like or anything you like a lot?

Sorry for the 20 questions.