Just Gonna Say

Eddie

Summit in May here as well.
And......just picked up a raven edition R6!
now scrambling to get it set up.
Feels like it's gonna be a fun bike for sure.

Mike:p

Don’t be a Hero, be consistent.
Guys save a spot for me in the novice group at Roebling in May. I can't get on the track til then. :( By the time I get there you guys will have moved up and won't want to be seen with a novice rider.;) Plus I will be starting from "scratch" I have built a strictly track bike over the winter. So I will have to get used to it.

CBRtist

I still have a Fun Mover and always looking for possible travel buddies when I go :whistle:

Must have Federal Background check and cash for expenses. Some cash may be waived for babysitting and/or labor (meaning pit bitch :laugh:).

kawijay

New to this
Summit in May here as well.
And......just picked up a raven edition R6!
now scrambling to get it set up.
Feels like it's gonna be a fun bike for sure.

Hope to meet you there.

What do you mean by setting up your bike?

Is there anything specific we need to do to our bikes for track days? I am asking because I have a stock bike. Only 800 miles on it. No performance mods...just plain ol stock.....ok I have the yoshi tag eliminator and some tank pads. That's it. What am I missing?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Hope to meet you there.

Is there anything specific we need to do to our bikes for track days? I am asking because I have a stock bike. Only 800 miles on it. No performance mods...just plain ol stock.....ok I have the yoshi tag eliminator and some tank pads. That's it. What am I missing?

Not sure what Eddie is referring to by set up, probably some goodies he'll install. There is some bike prep required for trackdays, it's all listed in the Riders Manual. You can find it on the main home page. If you have any further questions after reading the manual, ask away!

Mike:p

Don’t be a Hero, be consistent.
Hope to meet you there.

HondaGalToo is right. Just read the manual, but to put your mind at ease you won't need any performance mods. I ran my first 3 track days on a stock Yamaha FZ6. Which is much LESS sport bike like then your bike. The first day I just taped over all the plastic lenses, headlight, tail light and turn signals, after I removed the bulbs. The only thing I removed was the mirrors and my center stand. On my second and third day, both at Barber this past November, I knew I would be pushing my personal limits so I removed the front turn signals and tag/rear turn signal assembly. And of course the center stand. I have decided to build a track only bike with basically no performance mods. I just got tired of talking my daily ride apart. The only mods I am making to the bike are things that will make the bike safer for myself and others on the track should I go down. Such as removing the antifreeze and safety wiring. So I guess what I'm trying to say is don't worry about performance mods just make it safe by following the manual.

kawijay

New to this
HondaGalToo is right. Just read the manual, but to put your mind at ease you won't need any performance mods. I ran my first 3 track days on a stock Yamaha FZ6. Which is much LESS sport bike like then your bike. The first day I just taped over all the plastic lenses, headlight, tail light and turn signals, after I removed the bulbs. The only thing I removed was the mirrors and my center stand. On my second and third day, both at Barber this past November, I knew I would be pushing my personal limits so I removed the front turn signals and tag/rear turn signal assembly. And of course the center stand. I have decided to build a track only bike with basically no performance mods. I just got tired of talking my daily ride apart. The only mods I am making to the bike are things that will make the bike safer for myself and others on the track should I go down. Such as removing the antifreeze and safety wiring. So I guess what I'm trying to say is don't worry about performance mods just make it safe by following the manual.

Thanks for the advice!

wmhjr

Grandpa
Control Rider
Cool...just look for the Baltimore Ravens themed R6.

Just saw this. Let us know which days you're going to be there. Since it's a Ravens themed R6, we'll be sure to put out special markers so you know which way is forward on the track........ If it's really a Ravens themed bike, it'll probably try to pull into the pit on every lap instead of passing the finish line.......

Ya know, Pittsburgh folks just HAVE to poke the bear every once in a while :) All in good fun.

kawijay

New to this
Just saw this. Let us know which days you're going to be there. Since it's a Ravens themed R6, we'll be sure to put out special markers so you know which way is forward on the track........ If it's really a Ravens themed bike, it'll probably try to pull into the pit on every lap instead of passing the finish line.......

Ya know, Pittsburgh folks just HAVE to poke the bear every once in a while :) All in good fun.

Yes!!! Pittsburgh Steelers!!!!

physicistkev

Control Rider
Hmm, just had a knee scope last Friday. Fixed a torn meniscus. I'm up and walking, but a few weeks off from anything strenuous. Still have to get teh starting problem sorted out. Should be able to do some days this year. Certainly more than I have done in the past few years. That's the plan anyway.

adotjdot

Control Rider
ATP/3C
Hmm, just had a knee scope last Friday. Fixed a torn meniscus. I'm up and walking, but a few weeks off from anything strenuous. Still have to get teh starting problem sorted out. Should be able to do some days this year. Certainly more than I have done in the past few years. That's the plan anyway.
Kevin! Hope to see you out there man! Heal up quick.