Just wondering, how did everyone come up with their bike#?

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
rob92;301524 wrote: #92 - The atomic number of uranium. I chose it because it is the heaviest naturally-occurring element. D
SERIOUSLY FREAKIN NERDY Rob!

Fritz

#524 - My personal Independence Day - May 24th the day my divorce was final, also my winning ticket number when I won the R1 from Jefferson School

rob92

Control Rider
N2
Thunderace;301563 wrote: Cool thread! Started out 610. I was a legitimate 6'10" at one time in my life. Family said it was hard to read at speed, so for a very short time, I switched to 61. Didn't care for that, so it changed it to 10. Also, I am always the first guy in the photos for the advanced group.
I could have sworn it was number of cows killed to make your leathers! :D

Craigo298er

#142 - paying homage to the 142 students that died in WWII from the US Merchant Marine Academy (Kings Point), my alma mater. KP is the only school, including the other four service academies, that sends its students into war zones.

rk97

originally, my bike was #80 because Kellen Winslow Jr. was #80 on the Browns, and had crashed out of his rookie season trying to wheelie in a parking lot. Add the Browns paint scheme, and the joke was anything but subtle to Browns fans.

I went with 80 until I sold my F2, bought my 600RR, got married, and decided to go racing. 524 is my anniversary, and considering that I bought the 600RR (partially) with money we got from wedding gifts, it seemed appropriate. It was also easier to get a 3-digit number with WERA.

I have also run 521 with other racing orgs, because it was easy to throw tape over parts of the 4 and just leave the "stem," to make it a 1.

I talked about changing to 122 (daughter's birthday) when she was born, but she's not old enough to "get" it yet, and I have a bunch of custom "524" decals all over my XR100 race bike, as well as left in my garage :p

avizpls

#11-A
When I was 16 I started racing AutoCross (in a Daewoo no less, my namesake). At the time, I gave the honor of choosing to a girlfriend and so became 11. When If I were to start racing and needed a 3 digit number, it would be 211. I opened the shop with my partner, I would later find out his number was 211 back in the days of pager codes. First time he visited my house (ling before Bantam) he saw the #11 plates and stickers everywhere and was like "....what....whats up with that?" Soul-mates, I tell you. Occurrences of 11 & 211 are freakishly common in our lives.

Today you learned some useless ramblings of a man prolonging his lunch break.

Evil Cupcake

Control Rider
First Marine Corps Helicopter Squadron I was in....HMM-163 (Helicopter Marine Medium Squadron)
CH-46E Crew Chief.....Photo was taken in Los Angelas during Kernal Blitz. Worked with LAPD using their heli pad and doing urban assualt training many years ago.

Rmcaninch600

Control Rider
I got A speeding ticket for 127mph. After I got my license back, I started doing track days ,instead of street riding, to avoid that happening again. I thought it was a fitting number.:dunno:

jsnow74361

Bike

Hoping to get bike Saturday from the dyno at Performance Cycle Chuck then fit plastics paint then suspension upgrade then send forks to Henderson NC 30mm kit then ready to ride and race

TimW

Numbered after one of my favorite route numbers....Lotsa good rides and good times have been had near there both on a bike and off.

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
jsnow74361;301635 wrote: Hoping to get bike Saturday from the dyno at Performance Cycle Chuck then fit plastics paint then suspension upgrade then send forks to Henderson NC 30mm kit then ready to ride and race

Ummmmm...maybe I missed something..but how is this relevant to the significance if the number you run on your bike at track days???? :dunno:

beac83

When I attended my first track day in 2008, NESBA said I needed a number on the bike. I choose #83 as that was the year my life changed forever.

When I decided to race last year, 83 was taken, so now it's #283, as the issue in 1983 started in February.

Ex. 39

39 is how old i was when i got BACK into bikes after a 25 year hiatus. Now at 52, i'm a lifetime member with WERA and that number will always be mine. :)