Kawi GURU help

Rhythminblues

Afternoon, I'm looking for some suggestions on who I should contact in the northeast (closer to Maine the better) for help tuning my 96zx7 track day bike. Looking to do cams, FCRs, block off plates, slipper clutch, ignition advancer, -w- proper dyno.. Thanks for your time, consideration, and help.

Rhythminblues;241521 wrote: Afternoon, I'm looking for some suggestions on who I should contact in the northeast (closer to Maine the better) for help tuning my 96zx7 track day bike. Looking to do cams, FCRs, block off plates, slipper clutch, ignition advancer, -w- proper dyno.. Thanks for your time, consideration, and help.
What is your budget on this project?

Rhythminblues

What is your budget on this project?
Well, this is currently project one of two. U guess whatever makes me feel warm and fuzzy. I can do quite a bit w some tutorial.
Considering I bought it for $3500 and it's perfectly good right now (haven't put it through the paces yet), I don't want to spend thousands and thousands.. I'm doin a lot of ebaying, looking on zxforums, Craigslist, etc.... When I start somthing I tend to get a little carried away.. We'll see. Why do you ask?

Rhythminblues

I spoke with Ivan's son today of Ivan's performance, I'll be consulting w them in the future since they are nicely situated on my route home.

Rhythminblues;241817 wrote: Well, this is currently project one of two. U guess whatever makes me feel warm and fuzzy. I can do quite a bit w some tutorial.
Considering I bought it for $3500 and it's perfectly good right now (haven't put it through the paces yet), I don't want to spend thousands and thousands.. I'm doin a lot of ebaying, looking on zxforums, Craigslist, etc.... When I start somthing I tend to get a little carried away.. We'll see. Why do you ask?
because what you've listed is NOT going to be cheap, so I ask the same question I ask my customers. how much do you want to spend that way you can be given avenues in which you can venture down.
cams carbs slipper clutch. not cheap i'm sure ebay may be a help but with stuff like that I don't trust ebay too often.

But I am the non trusting type to begin with:dunno:

Rhythminblues

I appreciate the advise! I don't part w my cash too easily; this is just the first step of educating myself on Kawis. Like I said I can wrench (I'm a marine engineer) but I don't know zx7s and how they react to particular components. It's manufacturer/product selection,and tuning I'll need to pick someone's brain about. I don't have a time frame though I would get some stuff shelfed..
It's a project. For example: on redmonkey a guy mentioned "rearranging or eliminating" clutch plates to effectively create a slipper clutch and he was talking about an R and not an RR.. Would you have any insight to that particular mod? Thanks again, I appreciate you steering me in the right direction..

JBZ1k

Sounds like it would be a good if your looking for a clutch to slip on the gas as well as off. I really have no idea but that's my thought on removing or rearranging plates.

JBZ1k

Learn something new every day. It looks to me like a pretty easy mod if the engine cover comes off easy.