Keep your stock bodywork or sell it?

Swodi

I know most of us here would love to pounce on an already-prepped track bike, but what about the rest of the public? Have you ever sold your stock bodywork and lights, only to regret it later when you went to sell the bike? I've got all the bodywork for my bike and I have no intention of running on the street.

Is the money one could expect from selling stock bodywork enough to offset the future reduction in sales price? Assuming, of course, you don't highside the bike into oblivion...:D

noobinacan

I'm keeping mine...ofcourse you want to keep it if you have space etc.
mount a pole horizontal to the ground..and put it all on there...

few years if you want to sell your bike..sell it in street trim. you'll get more for it.
vs in track trim. or even if you sell it as street bike..you can give the plastics as a added deal./bonus.

Spitz

What year and bike are you talking? Personally i didnt see the return on saving the plastics so I sold that stuff and bought some track goodies. I'll keep the bike long enough that it wouldnt matter in the end anyway.

I sold mine. With all of the inexpensive chinese bodywork sets out there now, the stock stuff won't be worth much by the time I upgrade my track bike anyway. I put the money toward performance parts that will be easier to part if I decide to go that route when I sell it. Unless your bike is a Ducati, my opinion would be to sell it

Swodi

My bike is a dime-a-dozen 08 GSX-R750. I own the bike, so it's not like I'll need to sell it for $XXXX some day in order to get out from under it. I'm just tired of treating the stock bodywork like a Ming vase every time I move something in the garage. Most of the smaller bits are wrapped in bubble wrap and stored in a rubber tote, while the L and R fairings, as well as the upper are sitting ever-so-precariously in the garage. Selling that junk would put me well onto my to a 6x12 enclosed V-nose or help me make my wishlist at kneedraggers a little smaller.

some guy #2

I'm keeping mine for when I eventually sell the bike. It's easier to get rid a street bike than a track only one. I also only have one bike so while it's not convenient to swap bodywork I still get to the ride on the street.