Kudos to Vortex

bmart

Control Rider
My B bike has traveled to the last few track days through some rain. It runs like crap after. Some water has been getting into the tank via the Vortex gas cap.

I called them today expecting a battle. Instead, I reached a very polite and professional rep who said that he would get a replacement set of O-rings/gaskets right out to me, no charge. I followed up with a few questions which he answered without pause. Customer service, forget about good customer service, is so rare these days that I thought it was worth mentioning.

GTBrandon

That’s great as a company to value customer service!

My question is still why they leaked in the first place. Good on them for promptly replacing the parts, but concerning they failed at all. How old was the gas cap?

bmart

Control Rider
It is the right question. If humans were involved at any stage, it was likely their fault. This is an old race bike. I suspect that a shade tree mechanic nicked one of them installing the cap and that it has always been like that. I may find out later tonight. It should be a quick job to install the new ones...which arrived today. Fast shipping!

Motofun352

Control Rider
O rings , especially dynamic ones, are a failure point. Any time there's a sliding or twisting motion on one they will eventually fail. Even the static ones (remember the Challenger?) can fail under certain conditions like if they are very old and have taken a set shape.