laguna seca

kbonigut

Dec 12, 2008
its getting cold and crappy so I thought I would post this up. I just got back from visiting my brother in Santa Cruz CA for the thanksgiving week, while out there we rode Laguna Seca this last sunday. I found a guy to hall my bike for next to nothing a couple months ago so I figured why not send my bike for the winter months and try to get out to visit my bro and get some riding in from jan - april. Worked out perfectly as a day opened up Sunday after Tday and we got in at Laguna Seca. This is some video of me following him for a bit filming until I passed him and tried to up the pace.

All i can say is the place is just amazing. Turn 1 is like nothing i have ever felt in the midwest, wide open (if you have the guts) and blind left. I couldnt muster wide opened but once I passed my brother and finished filming him i tried to get deeper. Still did a crappy job as evidenced by other guys walking me, but for my first day I kept thinking maybe they moved the track on me and the pavement wouldnt be there when i got over the top!

Just an awesome place and a real well run day, aside from a control rider who decided to stop on the outside of 1 on the track and then come back into traffic, that was a strange moment. One thing I will say is that all my nesba time helped, I rode with a plan to learn line and then get smooth then try to push a bit, made for a ball. That and passing my brother at will also helped!

Interesting thing, at laguna you cant blow more then 92 db from your pipe so there is a cottage industry of guys out there making inserts to deaden sound in all kinds of ways just for this track. I ended up putting an insert in my Micron and it sounded like nothing but stock.

Oh yeah ignore my POS shift indicator, things gotta go. Reads wrong gear all day long.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoacUgKxFSs

Daddyjama

Mar 4, 2011
Thanks for rubbing it in! Nice vid though.. Did they run late or was the sun coming down early?

kbonigut

Dec 12, 2008
Lol

You just made a 70 yr old womans day. I will pass it along. Though there is one big ass 70 yr old man not as happy.

worldrider929

Jul 11, 2008
Thank you for the post.

Moved this up on the bucket list a few notches.

Are you able to PM the name of the company/person who hauled the bike out there?