Lap timer Mounting???

JBallz

Bought the lap timer. Bought the lap timer mount. Went to mount it and...

With the key in the bike, the lap timer itself will not mount (see pic).
Suggestions? 2014 R1...

Attachments

• IMG_5544.JPG
    IMG_5544.JPG
    169.6 KB · Views: 63

JBallz

I know, I know... I've put the buggy before the horse, which creates a new question...

Right now there is not enough of the fork extended past the triple to mount the holder. I'm going to have to raise the shocks A LITTLE bit. How much will that mess with set up, geometry of the bike?

Attachments

• IMG_5543.JPG
    IMG_5543.JPG
    602.9 KB · Views: 30

fowlplayracing

Steve
Control Rider
I'm a little industrious and a lot cheap... I usually make my own brackets for things like that. DIY home stores sell all kinds of stock aluminum to make stuff out of.

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
I know, I know... I've put the buggy before the horse, which creates a new question...

Right now there is not enough of the fork extended past the triple to mount the holder. I'm going to have to raise the shocks A LITTLE bit. How much will that mess with set up, geometry of the bike?
Hmmm You may have to find a more creative way to mount the laptimer, I'm not sure I would change my setup to compromise installing a laptimer unless you wanted to make changes anyway. Yes you'll have your laptimer installed but your setup will be out of whack and you'll probably want to turn it off anyway…then again you may go faster. :D

JBallz

I took the advice and went with keyless. Turned out pretty clean.

Attachments

• IMG_0200.JPG
    IMG_0200.JPG
    56.6 KB · Views: 19