Lap Timer

Dragondima

Hey guys, i'm coming out Sept 30th to NJMP, had a quick question. I'm interested in bringing a track timer, but not really interested in buying a really expensive fancy one. Just something simple. I saw there are a few on ebay that seem cheap $50 builds, but i read around online and people say they work, and get the job done. Has anyone used these guys on NJMP?

Link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/billet-anodized-Bestlap-lap-timer-infrared-ultrared-racing-track-day-XT-AIM-comp-/200808833115?pt=Race_Car_Parts&hash=item2ec123a05b&vxp=mtr#ht_3421wt_1399

Does anyone have any experience with these? Will it work? How do i get it passed through tech inspection?

Looking forward to riding with NESBA, rode with ACE before, hope it's good weather and a good turn out.

-David

Dave:

I have a XT mini that I bought off a fellow NESBA member for 65 bucks (normally 100.00) and XT stands behind their product. Its always a crap shoot with some of the cheap Chinese stuff. Comb the parts classifieds on the board a I think a few XT minis were posted.

Buying used in good condition is another option :)

BZ

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Agree with the XT recommendation, and someone usually has a beacon out, so you don't really need to purchase the beacon that sits track-side, just the receiver that attaches to your bike.

For passing tech, I have mine on the bike with that dual-lock velcro, the kind that's plastic interlocking pieces on both sides. Then I have another strip of velcro around it, just in case. A zip-tie wrapped around would work, too. Just as a secondary precaution, I've not had a problem getting through tech with that set up.

Dragondima

Thanks for the suggestions. I was interested in seeing if anyone used the cheapo ebay ones, the XT was definitely something i'd get a little further along. I've done track day before, doing my second one in Sept, possibly doing 2 in Sept, one being the CSS. Just wanted to keep track of progress.

Thanks for the suggestions!

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
Dragondima;251781 wrote: Thanks for the suggestions. I was interested in seeing if anyone used the cheapo ebay ones, the XT was definitely something i'd get a little further along. I've done track day before, doing my second one in Sept, possibly doing 2 in Sept, one being the CSS. Just wanted to keep track of progress.

Thanks for the suggestions!
I've used the cheap last year, it's very accurate and I had not issue. You just have to add new batteries in your beacon during lunch.

Dragondima

vinny337;252096 wrote: I've used the cheap last year, it's very accurate and I had not issue. You just have to add new batteries in your beacon during lunch.
Thanks Vinny! Do you have link where you bought yours? I'm still hunting for an XT, but glad this is a viable option.

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
Dragondima;252099 wrote: Thanks Vinny! Do you have link where you bought yours? I'm still hunting for an XT, but glad this is a viable option.
I can't remeber the exact link but I did purchase it from e-bay, the link you have should be fine if you decide to go that route.