lap timers?

summerscam

I am addicted to the track!! I was wondering if NESBA track days is there lap timers set up and if so which one should I get?

Blipstein

If you want to go with something simple just get yourself an XT lap timer. Most track days someone will put out a beacon so it's probably not necessary to get one of those.

Welcome to the addiction.

Spork

if you have an android phone , you can get racechrono for free , it works great for the price........

crash675

:agree: racechrono app was only a lil off from transponder times. Moto d has a 49.00 lap timer that I have read works decent..never tried myself yet.

bacolmm

Qstar 1000 GPS FTW. About the same price as an XT, easier to use, and much more data. I've got a hook up, email me if interested - bacolmm@yahoo.com

2012616234753.jpg

2012616234753.jpg

GixerEd1

Find a used XT Racing Ultra-Lap Timer online. Get one that looks like the model currently sold on their website.

NOTE - I was told by XT Racing that they no longer service or repair the older model.

I have Race Chrono on my Android smartphone, but I don't want to risk damaging it if it were to fall out of my pocket or worse.

Spork

GixerEd1;286291 wrote: Find a used XT Racing Ultra-Lap Timer online. Get one that looks like the model currently sold on their website.

NOTE - I was told by XT Racing that they no longer service or repair the older model.

I have Race Chrono on my Android smartphone, but I don't want to risk damaging it if it were to fall out of my pocket or worse.
I put mine in my inside pocket of my leathers and it works just fine ..... Just sayin . ..... I just crashed with it in my pocket , got up ,put some distance between me and the track and pull on my unharmed galaxy and started taking pictures.

GixerEd1

Spork;286313 wrote: I put mine in my inside pocket of my leathers and it works just fine ..... Just sayin . ..... I just crashed with it in my pocket , got up ,put some distance between me and the track and pull on my unharmed galaxy and started taking pictures.
Oh, some of those pics you sent me were from your smartphone?! Now you've got proof that a smartphone can survive a fall. Thankfully you were okay too!

A CR mentioned I might want to get a timer. The Ultra may be the way to go. It does the job and is affordable. Quite a jump to the GPX Pro their next and seems only step up.

I'm with GixerED. Don't want to risk smashing it and don't want anything thicker than a credit card in my leathers.

Reg

jsin38

+1 to the Qstarz 1000. I have the 10Ghz model. Charge it up the night before, switch it on at the first session of the day, and record data. At the end of the day, switch it off, take it home, and analyse 'til you drop. You can even pair the data with video if you are so inclined.

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
Not trying to pimp myself out, but I'm probably going to sell my Ultra lap timer. Going to post it later tonight for $110 shipped. 2' cord, works great. Just never used it now that I dropped $$$ for WERA's lap timer.