leathers for lanky guys

11BGixx

I am 6"5" and about 200 lbs. Tall and skinny is hard to find leathers for and im looking to get a good set. Looking for anyone who has the same problem or has any tips on what i should do about this dilemma. I have been looking into 2 piece suits but even then the size i have to get to fit the length of my arms and legs means i will have an extra 6 or seven inches atleast in the waist an such. I have a 41 inch waist and am 6'5" lol help.

pefrey

I recommend going custom. It sucks I know. I'm 6' and 165. I can find a off the rack suit but the fit is not ideal. It's good enough but I'd be more comfortable and probably safer with a better fitting / tailored suit.

Motomoon

CR JayC is 6'4 190 and likes his 58 Teknic Violator. Morphs sporting an Astars (RC-1 I believe) and he is 7'5 and 135lbs???

TwiggyD

I'm 6'3" and 150 so I have the same problem but I got lucky with an Astars suit. I was a week away from buying a custom one and a local cycle shop had a suit that fit well. If I really get into doing this I will get a custom suit but I saved nearly $1000 getting it off the shelf.

Good luck.

Canali

I'm 6' 150 lbs and blew my load on a custom Barnacle Bill suit (racingleather dot com) since I couldn't find an off the rack suit that fit me. They aren't cheap but made extremely well, will last a long time / through many crashes, and protects your flesh very well (already crashed mine and I was untouched). The order form asks for 28 different measurements from your body so it's about as tailored to you as you're going to get from any suit. Let me know if you want to see pictures of mine (it's not the suit I'm wearing in my profile picture).

Chris

Chip

I'm 6'5" 220lbs and my 58 (48 US) Astars Octane suit fits like it was custom made for me.

Morph

Control Rider
Motomoon;58010 wrote: CR JayC is 6'4 190 and likes his 58 Teknic Violator. Morphs sporting an Astars (RC-1 I believe) and he is 7'5 and 135lbs???
OH you got jokes!!!!!

I'm 6'5 about 185 on clothes soaking wet. I have an Astar RC-1 suit fits pretty good. I have had customs suits, but damn they are not cheap. If I were you. I would email moon like 200 hundred times and ask for the same thing, then never buy it ;), No really Moon should have a rack suit that fits. I don't know the size of mine. But I'll look today and post it here.

Morph

Control Rider
Or the next time your around you can try mine out. Anything to help out a fellow 11B guy

TwiggyD

ronhix

tomwilliford;58434 wrote: Do you use these leathers? $475 for a custom 1 PC sounds like a pretty sweet deal if they are any good.
Yes, I do. Here's a pic of them.

2009-ra02-02.jpg

spartan01.jpg

brn6604

Morph - what size is your suit? Any other tall skinny guys that have found a decent fit in an off-the-shelf one-piece please post the make and size. I'm 6'4 and 155 at worst (I can get that up to about 175 but it all comes back off if I quit going to the gym). Would like to find a good starting point with potential for custom alterations.

FWIW I currently zip a 44 Joe Rocket jacket to 32 Joe Rocket pants. I wish the jacket fit snugger but I needed at least that much length.

P.S. An Alpinestars back protector helps fills out the extra chest room, but hurts in the length department - I need to leave the zipper down about 2 inches or I get choked out on the straight.