leathers?

bbqb4racin

Looking forward to my first track event next summer and had a question about my leathers. I have shift sr1s with likr a 270 degree zipper.. will that be ok for the track?

bbqb4racin

Dam, so their pretty strict on it being a zip then? Can't use buttons for the remaining portion?
Good thing my moms handy with a needle! Thanks for the info

Oh and one more thing, when they talk about having your plastics loose to check wiring in the handbook.. What exactly did they mean? Which plastics? And is are there any special requirements to meet for a person starting in the beginner group on a 1000? And would it be acceptable to come to inspections with the fairings off? I mean since I have a set of track plastics I figure it would be more convenient for everyone if I could just leave them off and put the others on when I get back to the pits? Or is that a no go?

ta2kutz

the 270 IS the 360. it only doesnt have a zip in the front where the vertical zipper is.
thats what every 2 pc suit is that ive ever seen. they dont want the ones with the litte 8" ziptogether that is in the back of some jacket pant combos.
you suit will be just fine for the track, i had 2 fieldsheer 2 pc suits and thats the way they are

bbqb4racin

Oh and hello btw! My names Ryan, I live in Orland Park (south of Chicago).
I ride an 04 gsxr 1000 Matt Mladin edition.

bbqb4racin#1

bbqb4racin;26782 wrote: Oh and hello btw! My names Ryan, I live in Orland Park (south of Chicago).
I ride an 04 gsxr 1000 Matt Mladin edition.
Hi Ryan! Still signing up on websites and using my screename? Nice! So much for originality! :congrats:

Meat

bbqb4racin#1;28245 wrote: Hi Ryan! Still signing up on websites and using my screename? Nice! So much for originality! :congrats:
LOL!!! A race for screen names. :second:

bbqb4racin

I never thought you would leave the world of gpnation but I had bbqb4racin as an AOL sn long before I even joined gpnation.

lemondrop

Professional Asphalt Surfer
bbq = 19

bbq#1 = way older than 19

hhmmmmmmm......who has been around longer....hhhmmmmmmm

lemondrop

Professional Asphalt Surfer
Actually, you statement is more conflicting than anything. You are attempting to say that you have had this screenname longer than #1, yet you mockingly imply that he is younger (I guess, I really didn't see anything in his bio that would imply immaturity, just one sentence...?). Anyways, you two apparently have a history from said gpnation; where you should know that he is older than yourself. Therefore, if you ask attempting to say that you have had this screenname longer than he, and still he considerably older than you, then deductive reasoning would say that the older individual would have a better chance at attaining a screenname for a greater period of time than the younger individual; unless said older individual is outside the range for technological acceptance. Since the interwebs really kicked off running in the early 90's with the advent of Netscape Navigator, and you only being 19, that would mean you would had to have had a computer readily available to you when you were ~ 4 years of age. Whereas someone who is ~45 today would have been introduced when he/she was ~30 years of age.

So, to again answer your question, it seems much more likely that the whoever is older probably had the screenname first. But my vote is for a trackday match Road Rash style between you both...venue to be announced

bbqb4racin

Once again.. I urge you to consider the rhetorical side of that post.. The "how old are you" comment stems from an older person ((#1,) but really #2) insulting a younger person because he believes that I "stole" a screen name from him from a forum that I joined. When in all reality the only reason I found out about the forum was because people kept Iming me on aol (at bbqb4racin) asking me questions about gopeds. Then came the time when you all tried to gang up on me and PM me a bunch urging me to give you the rights to the "bbqb4racin" screen name. So if your so much older and mature then I am then where do you get off harassing a fourteen year old kid (at the time) about a name? All trivial imo..

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Boy, you can sure tell it's Winter! LOL. When's the NY Motorcycle Show?? I need a bike fix! Gotta get oil and finish winterizing the bikes this weekend.

Meat

Wow, this is really ridiculous! I was making fun of bbqb4racin#1 at being mad that someone else got here first with the screen name he so desperately wanted. Now there is a discussion over who had it first. It doesn't really matter.

Just about everyone outside of my profession refers to me by my nickname, Meat, but when I go to a forum, often Meat is taken. No big deal. Surely I can come up with a new one.

It is like strippers fighting over their stage names. Maybe we should just call bbqb4racin#1 Sparkle, unless that is already used.

Wow, man, just pick another screen name and don't embarrass yourself by getting so upset about someone else getting here with "YOUR" screen name first.

Of course, I actually find this quite hilarious that 2 (well it is really just one person upset) getting into a slap-fight over a screen name.

Maybe you two should have a dance-off for the screen name...maybe something appropriate like...the tango...or the lambada.....maybe even pole dancing.

bbqb4racin#1

Even though I've been around much longer than Ryan and had the name for a long time, I guess I shouldn't let these trivial things bother me. Actually I should be flatered that Ryan likes my name so much. I don't care much when he posts on other unrelated boards with unrelated subjects. What bothers me is people e-mailing me, PMing me and posting on other related subject mesasage boards about things I never said. Makes me wonder wtf is going on. Ah, it's just Ryan again!

Blaise

Everybody should get over themselves and just use their real name as their screenname. Makes meeting people at the track easier.

"Mike?"

"Yeah I'm RedK7GSXR12345 on the boards"

*10 second pause*

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

Meat

Blaise;28354 wrote: Everybody should get over themselves and just use their real name as their screenname. Makes meeting people at the track easier.

"Mike?"

"Yeah I'm RedK7GSXR12345 on the boards"

*10 second pause*

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"
Using real name is all fine and dandy but how can I live in my motorcycle dream world using my real name? ;-)

bbqb4racin

Meat;28351 wrote: Wow, this is really ridiculous! I was making fun of bbqb4racin#1 at being mad that someone else got here first with the screen name he so desperately wanted. Now there is a discussion over who had it first. It doesn't really matter.

Just about everyone outside of my profession refers to me by my nickname, Meat, but when I go to a forum, often Meat is taken. No big deal. Surely I can come up with a new one.

It is like strippers fighting over their stage names. Maybe we should just call bbqb4racin#1 Sparkle, unless that is already used.

Wow, man, just pick another screen name and don't embarrass yourself by getting so upset about someone else getting here with "YOUR" screen name first.

Of course, I actually find this quite hilarious that 2 (well it is really just one person upset) getting into a slap-fight over a screen name.

Maybe you two should have a dance-off for the screen name...maybe something appropriate like...the tango...or the lambada.....maybe even pole dancing.
Pole dance-off FTW!!!

And yeah it really shouldn't be a big deal and thats what I'm trying to say... We can nitpick all we want but when it comes down to it what does it really matter? I say I had it on aim first and was bothered from random people and you say you had it on gpn first and are bothered by random people. Nobody will ever get down to the real facts so why dwell on this irrelevance? We're all adults here right? #1, lets just agree to disagree, theres no need to let a user name get in the way of a passion we both share. I've never been to a track day with you guys (yet) but already I can tell I'm going to love the atmosphere, it feels more like a family then anything. So #1, if you still wanna duke it out.. You bring the pole.. I'll bring the dance.