Liability Insurance for Track Days

Pilot2

thumpin250;235837 wrote: Brandon Parish got something going for racers/trackers. It's not over the moon insurance by any means, but with my limited understanding of coverages i took it as it'll keep u out of financial ruin if you get more then a broken bone or two.
Isn't that medical supplement insurance and not liability insurance?

2ndChapter

Wow drama up in here... common guys I'm divorced cause I didn't like he drama; next thread. ;-)

Can't we all just get along..lol

matt2212

Why don't you buy an umbrella policy it seams that you have every other type of insurance.

I doubt any insurance would pay out to anyone with the waver signed. I understand that you would feel responsible if you happened to hurt someone but that's why it is the riders responsibility to make sure he/she has the coverage he needs
Brandon does my life insurance and my business has other coverages on me, I spent extra to make sure I was covered for on track activities. when I sign the waver I take the risk and have covered myself accordingly.

You have to understand that when you talk liability you are threatening what everyone here loves, if it's to much responsibility for you or if you feel it's a liability concern then maybe you should find a different sport

Pilot2

matt2212;235857 wrote: ...You have to understand that when you talk liability you are threatening what everyone here loves, if it's to much responsibility for you or if you feel it's a liability concern then maybe you should find a different sport
I think the image below sums-up your position. I would prefer to be a bit more proactive in protecting my assets with insurance when I am able to do so. You can protect or not protect your assets anyway you choose. But please don't go off on a tangent and accuse someone of "threatening" when there was nothing more than an insurance inquiry. Give us a break. :rolleyes:

article-1264092-081D0A9F000005DC-144_468x3392.jpg

steve hale

I carry a $2 million unbrella policy that I would guess wont cover a track day.-- but I've never looked. I don't think its a bad question - and to the O.P. Im not sure why it upsets you all to ask. If you have assests, you tend to want to protect them. If you think the things that happen to you in this life are mostly luck (or bad luck), your probably right. Responsible people want to protect themselves and plan ahead however-- regardless of their trackskills or track mentality. I dont think this is a question for those pondering to "take someone out" IMO.:dunno:

matt2212

Pilot2;235869 wrote: I think the image below sums-up your position. I would prefer to be a bit more proactive in protecting my assets with insurance when I am able to do so. You can protect or not protect your assets anyway you choose. But please don't go off on a tangent and accuse someone of "threatening" when there was nothing more than an insurance inquiry. Give us a break. :rolleyes:

Did you not read the whole message???? I understand that you want to protect what must be considerable assets. I said you should look into an umbrella policy (one without exemptions) I will say that Brandon Parish is knowledgeable about this stuff and you should call him.

BTW how is protecting myself and my family with the correct insurance not proactive?? I did protect MY assets I have millions of dollars in insurance at considerable cost, including an umbrella Policy. My insurance covers me if I get hurt or die and protects my family and my business when other insurances don't. I don't need to rely on someone else having Questionable liability (read the waver) in the event something bad happens.

The Only one with his head up his ASS is you. You want the answer call an insurance agent not 1-800-progressive or get good legal advice from you Lawyer. With so much to protect you must have a good attourney....

Protect your assets put them in trust or an llc Or QUIT RIDING

bmart

Control Rider
Geez people, cut the guy some slack. He asked a reasonable question. If you don't have something constructive to add... :dunno:

This sort of responses history doesn't send an accurate message about how helpful our family usually is.

Off to find some sand to put my head in.