Light lowside now steering isn't right suggestions?

JBowen33

I had a "light lowside" alittle bit ago. So light I didn't bend a clip on and didn't even hit body work because the peg and my leg broke it's fall. I originally thought my clip ons were bent since when I get back on the bike my hands "wernt even" with each other in height or at the same angle. In my attempt to fix it I bought brand new clips on and same problem. Any suggestions?

Dave561

Control Rider
Director
The tubes can spin in the triples. Loosen the lower triple pinch bolts bounce it a few times and tighten it up. If it still is off could be another issue, but I would start there.

jcrich

Dave561;301167 wrote: The tubes can spin in the triples. Loosen the lower triple pinch bolts bounce it a few times and tighten it up. If it still is off could be another issue, but I would start there.
What Dave said and if that is not it, onto the steering head bearings.

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
+3 to what Dave said, mark your triple tree and clip-ons so when this happens again you'll know it's off line.

nokturnal

If it were me I would take the forks right out and reinstall to make sure everything was good... more of a PIA than the bounce method, but you only need to do it once.

JBowen33

Thanks everyone for the help. I tried the bounce method you suggested Dave and this might sounds stupid but idk if I'm doing it right. I have been looking on this repair online and everyone seems to hear a crack or sound when the forks snap back I place but nothing is happening. I hate doing this but I think I might just take it to the dealer and pray that it isn't to expensive.