lightweight bikes at Barber

gcutchen

I know we have some MW members coming down but I'm curious as to who else will be riding an SV or other lightweight bike at Barber this weekend.

chutch

Hopefully the EX500 will be ready to go and I will have it there. I guess that is considered a lightweight? If it is not ready then I will be bringing the 636.

roy 826

Hey Gill! I will be there Sat. on my lightweight, GSX-R600:D I finally parked the 1000 in favor of a more friendlier bike.

Look forward to seeing you out there.;)

gcutchen

Roy, how are you man? It's been a while. I picked up a 675 a while back that I will be riding for the first time this weekend but I will be spending a lot of time on my SV as well.

Hopefully I will be able to get comfortable on the 675 and can ride some with you and your GSX-R lightweight. :D

roy 826

gcutchen;19630 wrote: Roy, how are you man? It's been a while. I picked up a 675 a while back that I will be riding for the first time this weekend but I will be spending a lot of time on my SV as well.

Hopefully I will be able to get comfortable on the 675 and can ride some with you and your GSX-R lightweight. :D
I have been doing well Gill. I picked up this 600 back in july off the WERA board. It seems to have alot of potential. I had to have it re-sprung by Thermosman the original owner was alot heavier than me. I tried riding it back in August at Barber but was all over the place with the stiff springs. I still have the 1000 but only for street use. I had hernia surgery 3 1/2 weeks ago so I might be moving a little slowly saturday.

Those 675's are sweet bikes! they sound friggin awesome. I look forward to riding with you.:)

toysallround

gcutchen;19614 wrote: I know we have some MW members coming down but I'm curious as to who else will be riding an SV or other lightweight bike at Barber this weekend.
I'll be there both days, chasing 600's on a sv650, silver I#31. Set up on the second row, high side.

Can't wait. Look forward to seeing more twins!!

dlockhart5x

Filthy Yank from the land of Lincolin checking in
We have 2 SVs in our trailer and my RS250 + I know of 2 more Iowa SVs heading down.

The Northern encampment will be near the T15 end of the lower paddock.
Rebels welcome.

itaintall

Coming in from Savannah with an SV. Made some minor improvements from the last few track days. Hopefully I don't get quite as much wind burn from the liter bikes blowing by! Great fun in the corners though.

gcutchen

Glad to see that we will have more than just a couple of SVs and such at Barber this weekend.

Looking forward to riding with all of you.

dlockhart5x

It was good seeing a few more LWT bikes out there. I did my part to represent ultra light weight or D class (for you WERA peeps). I have had weekends where I rode better, but I did manage to learn a few more things to address some holes in my navigation of Barber.
Thanks for the lead Gill. Maybe next season, we can do it again.

gcutchen

Dave,
It was good to see you guys again and I really enjoyed riding with you. Unfortunately we didn't get as many opportunities as I had hoped this time but maybe things will work out better next time you guys come down.