Like New Dunlop 211GP (UK made) tires

JTRC51

Just wanted to pass along a deal I found from a buddy who came back from Daytona with some sets of tires.

These tires are MINT and have probably 5-8 laps on them with barely any wear..

03/09 build dates..

2783 front and 2779 rear.

Mint set of tires (I would say 90-95 % left on the tread)

$180 obo

I will post pics a.s.a.p - I am on the road and wanted to post these up here first.

JTRC51

120 front
190/55 rear
Yes Daytona compounds and no these arent the 2011 dated break apart tires.. the manufacture date on these are 0309..

JTRC51

Btw - being that they are Daytona compounds is there a big diff ? I was told that they are harder in the center but sides are the same (med) compound as the others. So the main diff being the center being a bit harder than the standard Hard/med 211GP tires (non Daytona).

(??)

some guy #2

I think the Daytona compounds have one side being a harder compound than the other, not just the middle. Could be wrong but these are not the regular soft/med/hard 211's.

Matt

These are also the UK made 211 GP tires, the issues at the Daytona 200 this year were with the 211GP-A, that were used all of last season with no issue. New pavement and Daytona being Daytona is why there was an issue this year.

stow

I don't think they used the US GP-A tires at Daytona for the 200. Jake Zemke's crew said they ran UK GP NTECs.

Matt

stow;178769 wrote: I don't think they used the US GP-A tires at Daytona for the 200. Jake Zemke's crew said they ran UK GP NTECs.
I know for a fact they were using the GP-A until the mandatory tire change, at which point they were switched to the GP.

sorry for the off topic fodder.

stow

Matt;178920 wrote: I know for a fact they were using the GP-A until the mandatory tire change, at which point they were switched to the GP.

I specifically asked Zemke's mechanic and crew chief if they ran GP NTECs or GP-A. They could have misunderstood what I asked, but they both said they ran UK NTECs during the 200.

Dunlop Racing : Website says 211 GP-As are not to be used at Daytona.

JTRC51

Matt;178920 wrote: I know for a fact they were using the GP-A until the mandatory tire change, at which point they were switched to the GP.

No worries Matt - this is good info and helps me by knowing I have the "good" UK made stuff (potentially)

cbr_600rr_freak

daytona compund tires are ONLY supposed to be used at daytona. they are not rated for or suppose to be used on anyother track!!!

cbr_600rr_freak

The Daytona tires are special to that track. The rubber compound keeps the tires from getting to hot. They are nothing like a normal rubber compound. It would take a idiot with a death wish to run them at another track

Cyclepath

Some people should stick to photography.......

These are Daytona only tires, meaning the left side is harder than the right side, because of the banking.

ride_hard

Cyclepath;187232 wrote: Some people should stick to photography.......

These are Daytona only tires, meaning the left side is harder than the right side, because of the banking.
:agree:

sasrocks

I know for a fact if you use these tires at a track other than Daytona you will be struck down by a lightening bolt from Roger Edmondson!:eek:

Matt

Shane, I've been wrong in the past, but I saw an up close picture of a tire from the race, I remember looking and it being hard to make out but I was almost sure I saw the A in GP-A. I could be wrong, but I'm almost certain.

Dustin, stop stirring up shit on our board. It seems to be all you're doing here lately. If you have an issue with me, PM me. I won't post it like you did when I PM'd you. If you have an issue with Brian, and his PERSONAL decision to resign as DOM, you should PM him.

professionalism. do you have any?