Listening to music while riding on the track

RyanITV

Admin
There's a looooong thread about this 2 years ago. Sternsi tested it and it didn't make a difference in his times.

I think you'd also hear less of what your bike and others were doing. Was that a rod knocking... I didn't hear it, sorry about oiling down the track....

Ryan

stkr

If someone wants to listen to music, then they should stay in their pit. Out on the track, you need to be able to focus 100%. Sternsi's times may not have suffered, but the average person may have different results.

Your mind is like a computer. If you've got it multi-tasking then each task cannot receive the full processing capabilities. Sooner or later, something has to give.

Hitman954

what?!?! the sound of your motor screaming isn't music to your ears? I think its a bad idea, you could loose concentration that you might need at any given moment. continue on, just my two cents

thats what cars are for

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
Not a good idea unless you're on a Goldwing, that's totally different than course/track riding where you need to be a 100% focused, try humming to yourself...:)

erick1670

vinny337;156629 wrote: Not a good idea unless you're on a Goldwing, that's totally different than course/track riding where you need to be a 100% focused, :haha::haha: try humming to yourself...:)

that`s funny, but I could not see my self humming, the turns are still coming to fast to me to have any chance at humming

amsel17

I was guessing I would get responces like this. When I go for a longer ride I will pop in my headphones and just jam down the road. But, when I'm riding curves or putting around town I leave the headphones at home and use my ear plugs.

Dug2

jam some "slayer"
you'll be surprised at all the passes u will make, and there will
be no fear in your heart. jam out fukker!

DFlowe

It's just plain earplugs for me. That allows me to be able to hear enough to listen for any odd mechanical noises. I guess I rode two strokes long enough to learn to listen for noises that warn you of a pending seizure. Old habits are hard to break.

Mikey75702

I have thought about it. I used to listen to some hard rock/ grunge music when hitting the twisties on the street. I got more relaxed, and had more fun being in sync with the bike. But i decided the track would probably be pretty dangerous and have yet to have the balls to try it.

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
Yeah..and you crash and the impact JAMS the ear bud into your ear WAY further than it's designed and expected to go...Hmmmm AMAZINGLY your ear drum is ruptured..Oh..and the cord....you tumble, hit your head and get knocked out..is the cord wrapped around your neck?

You cannot handle life for the 20 minutes on the track without your iPod?

Mikey75702

D-Zum;156665 wrote: Yeah..and you crash and the impact JAMS the ear bud into your ear WAY further than it's designed and expected to go...Hmmmm AMAZINGLY your ear drum is ruptured..Oh..and the cord....you tumble, hit your head and get knocked out..is the cord wrapped around your neck?

You cannot handle life for the 20 minutes on the track without your iPod?
Even more reason not to. I honestly didn't even think of these. I was more thinking of the not being able to hear, or getting wrapped up in the flow of the song to the point I over ride my abilty and possibly take someone else out because of it.

lemondrop

Professional Asphalt Surfer
"I'm doin' it my way Chappy!!"

iron-eagle.jpg

noobinacan

bad idea...focus is obviously the reason
also, there have been times when I have heard a bike ...but not seen it and just hearing it has helped me avoid that rider...or at least give me an idea that he's right on me....and in turn I try to be as smooth as possible with my riding.

beac83

vinny337;156629 wrote: Not a good idea unless you're on a Goldwing, that's totally different than course/track riding where you need to be a 100% focused, try humming to yourself...:)
betarace;156656 wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSVg3Gg4LmA
LOL. I sold the Goldwing to afford the track kit (trailer, tow vehicle, track bike). I've scrapped the floorboards a lot on the wing, but I'd not want to wrestle that 1200 pound monster around any of the tracks we ride in the MW. :wow: