Little poll!!!

ERB68

Post retirement housing

Underground condo sales

My family owns a casket company, when death knocks we got the box!

Katie785

lemondrop;39467 wrote: Operations Manager for a Misc Metal Fabricator....

Also have my Doctorate in Physical Therapy, but hated to listen to people whine.....
EXACTLY why I have 2.5 weeks left as a claims adjuster::
Commercial claims - employees NEVER report the claim and completely avoid all contact with the insurance company - ridiculous that I have to GO to the company physically 95% of the time because they screen calls and don't want to take any responsibility. The 1-2 hours it takes to go out to a business could have easily been avoided if they had picked up the phone and given a 5 minute statement. It doesn't sound all that bad but when you get 5-8 claims a day with 2-5 parties involved on each, it gets to be a huge waste of time.

Auto - whiners. ALL whiners. Also never know they are at fault for anything - yes you hit a tree - that means you're at fault!

Motorcycle - Not bad.. but writing Gold Wings with $10k in upgrades is a PITA.

I was getting ready to be a "Claims ranger" where I would also being handling RV and Boats.. got out JUST in time.
-----
I can imagine that PT and Claims is a very similar type of job in that people are coming to you to fix their problems. Sometimes there are things that you just can't fix (we recently had a guy total his car 2 hours after buying it - 7k in depreciation - we dont make up the value, the state of PA does, but it just sucks for the guy since he didnt buy GAP insurance and is now out that 7k)... the customer blames you. It wasnt bad for the first year or so, but it gets old really quick!!

I know I'll be much much happier in my new job :)

lemondrop

Professional Asphalt Surfer
HOpefully it is not in PT there Katie....cuz that is pretty much what I had went thru....

80 year old 250lb man "My back hurts, what can you do?"
Me thinking "well, your 80, be happy you are alive and should have laid off the sodie-pop"
Me actually saying "well, we can do some exercises to help strengthen your back muscles, therefore taking pressure of your joints, which is why you have pain"

Next appointment:
Me: "How did the exercises go and how does your back feel?"
80 year old: "back is still the same....didn't get a chance to do my exercises."
Me thinking: "you are retired, WTF else are you doing in your day that you cannot do 3 exercises that take all of 30 minutes to do"

Anyways....that was that...I may get back into it at some point.....but right now, just trying to enjoy life, enjoy being back in school, and find ways to squeeze in more trackdays!!

Smithereens

Control Rider
N2
Retired.......was Regional Manager for an insurance company....managed business insurance only.

Track days and racing sailboats ..... my expensive retirement sports......I mean addictions

wally

Retired

US Army Retired (Infantry), age 38, full time school, part time Home Depot. Next best thing to taking out terrorists is a good track day!

rk97

I work for the corporate office of a franchise system. Basically I handle vendor relations, and do some owner support when offices are starting off or struggling.

I also clean a school/daycare nights to pay for trackdays (and lately, my wedding), although that will stop in August so long as my law school app doesn't get denied...

And of course I'm perpetually looking for a better gig. Anyone wanna hire in the Cleveland area? college graduate. hard worker. good problem solver. all this and more could be yours, starting at $39k/year. ;-)