Long time...

JonGu

Hey guys. First, lemme apologize for being so completely out of touch lately. I've been in China for most of 2009 and 2010 and am back in the US now to wrap up some affairs. Looks like life is gonna take me abroad for the next few years (I'm getting a graduate degree in CS at Tsinghua Uni in China and also working with a buddy of mine back there with a new startup IT consulting company).

Hate to have left with such little notice, especially just after committing to a CR spot. But unfortunately it looks like I'm going to have to hang up the gloves for a few years :(

I'm back in America right now though and hopefully will get a chance to meet up with everyone at BHF. In any case, I gotta liquidate all my stuff before I leave so I'll have a ton of gear and bikes and my trailer and Tundra pick up to sell in the coming months. I'll post up when I take inventory... I'm in St. Louis right now since I rented out my place in Chicago but I'd be willing to make a trip every once in a while to help with delivery.

Gonna miss all you guys and the NESBA scene! Hopefully I'll be back and some of you all will still be around, but if not, it's been an awesome ride! :adore:

jigs

Been wondering where the hell you've been,miss seeing and riding with you bro...hope to see you soon.

ronhix

Gu Daddy, WTH!!! You just leave a brother and never call or write or nothing!?!!?

Just kidding, welcome back. Glad to hear you are doing well.

JonGu

You guys rock, seriously. Best community of people I've ever been involved with. Gonna miss you all!

ZLTFUL

Hmmm...IT consulting firm in China...

I ever mention that I am an IT consultant? And that I LOVE Chinese food? And that I speak 2 whole phrases in Cantonese and 1 in Mandarin?!?!

;)

Good luck with the business. And in China...that is a very exciting market to be in right now.

danch

ZLTFUL;135320 wrote:
I ever mention that I am an IT consultant? And that I LOVE Chinese food? And that I speak 2 whole phrases in Cantonese and 1 in Mandarin?!?!
Why do i get a feeling that the phrases you know will mostly get you slapped?

danch

Been wondering where you've been, Jon! Hope we'll see you one of these weekends that you're still in the country!

Trent1098S

Question for Mr. Jon Gu.. the international man of mystery...

Do they have race tracks in China that you can run sportbikes on, like they do here?

JonGu

Jamie, you're a control rider now? Congrats! Awesome dude. I'll try to make July 4th BHF but doesn't look likely... lotta old friends from outta town coming in and may be last time to see a lot of those folk.

Amac955

Jon,

I think the only time I rode with you was at Iowa Speedway but I had a blast. Good luck! I'm trying to get my buddy to buy your SV but he just isn't refined enough to appreciate the Gu-Daddy cosmetic treatment.

JonGu

hahaha Aaron, those were fun times. You were the military guy with the Black old school SV right and let me stay at your place for a night? Or am I remembering wrong...

Tell your buddy that the GuDaddy cosmetics is what makes the bike fast! Also willing to take a couple hundred bucks off the price... the damned bike leaned over in the trailer and messed up the bodywork even more. It really does need a new set of plastics, plus I do have a good shape gas tank that just needs to be repainted that comes with it. Plus two big boxes of spares.