Looking at buying my first track bike

Currently I am using my street GSXR 1000 on the Grattan track here in Grand Rapids Mi. So I would like to get a bike the is better to learn on but still have some fun on. I was thinking of getting a 2006/07 GSXR 600 stock and converting over to a track bike. Is there a real difference from the 2005 version? My 4k budget is pretty tight so I thought about changing to a old year.

thanks everyone
Rich

Fastguy

Your approaching the end of the season for this sport. I would definitely wait and pick-up a track-ready bike. With your alloted budget you should be able to pick-up a nice track-ready bike.

Good Luck

Gorecki

Fastguy;151051 wrote: Your approaching the end of the season for this sport. I would definitely wait and pick-up a track-ready bike. With your alloted budget you should be able to pick-up a nice track-ready bike.

Good Luck
:agree: I've seen darn good bikes, performance shop worked with all the trimmings go for nearly half what you have to work with. Pay attention to those trimmings, like suspension, sometimes you can score really good stuff that's worth more than the bike. :cool:

KBacon

I too would by a bike already prepped for the track... check the WERA and NESBA forums on a regular basis... I've seen some great deals come through lately... I just hope that there are still some deals to be had when I get enough $$$ saved up!!!

Irish01

Fastguy;151051 wrote: Your approaching the end of the season for this sport. I would definitely wait and pick-up a track-ready bike. With your alloted budget you should be able to pick-up a nice track-ready bike.

Good Luck
No Doubt! Keep your eyes open on the Forums and you'll land up getting what you want for sure.

ceptorman

BrokenWing;151614 wrote: Thanks guys I picked you a pretty good deal that has low miles so I get to have some fun building it!

Thanks
Rich
That's a good route also....you learn a lot from building a bike. It's also rewarding to see the finished product.