Looking for your enclosed trailer air conditioning ideas!

ninjamansc

THE Comstock
Control Rider
How is the water-tightness of that hatch? I've considered similar, but was too worried about road spray working it's way in and soaking the wood.

dbakerpa

Its a cam lock marine hatch and is VERY water tight. I sealed the flange with silicone. I am going to make some vinyl side skirts for the door so rain doesnt blow in if its open.

1literduceater

Rydell;175960 wrote:
:idea:...Is it crazy to throw a spare flat screen up on the wall for weekend events?
I thoght about it but end up just brining my lap top and watching a movie on that. Works well for me.

1literduceater

dbakerpa;176242 wrote: Its a cam lock marine hatch and is VERY water tight. I sealed the flange with silicone. I am going to make some vinyl side skirts for the door so rain doesnt blow in if its open.
That was a good idea you came up with!!

JU190

I'm currently wiring my trailer up also.
What do most tracks offer as far as electric?
I plan to power a RV a/c unit, lights, and 2 sets of warmers
I'm trying to decide between 30amp or 50amp. (seems like 50amp 220v would cost more for a cord and may be alittle over the top)

dbakerpa

JU190;176250 wrote: I'm currently wiring my trailer up also.
What do most tracks offer as far as electric?
I plan to power a RV a/c unit, lights, and 2 sets of warmers
I'm trying to decide between 30amp or 50amp. (seems like 50amp 220v would cost more for a cord and may be alittle over the top)
If you stay in the bike trailer most dont charge for the 30 amp or the camping for that matter. I havent been charged at Jennings, CMP, VIR. If you need big power they will charge you for the camping and the power.

Mikey75702

I'm pretty sure there are locks on the power hookups at njmp and summit. I believe you have to pay at both, but im not 100% sure as i have never done it.

JohnS

Mikey75702;176265 wrote: I'm pretty sure there are locks on the power hookups at njmp and summit. I believe you have to pay at both, but im not 100% sure as i have never done it.
NJMSP $10 to tent camp - tent or enclosed trailer
NJMSP $35 for power
RV $60 includes power

2 years ago
Summit cannot remember if I paid to stay there
Summit $10 for power.

madmanr1

I run a portable unit in mine and it works fairly well but during extremely hot days the temp in the trailer can overwhelm the output. Some insulation and perhaps some RV roof paint could help. On the window units...I saw a set up one track day...guys built a folding removable plywood wall that they set up in the ramp opening in the back of the trailer that had a cutout for the window a/c and just used the side door for entry/exit. No cutting up the trailer walls, no worry about venting or dripping. Pretty ingenious I thought.

juanfox

I have a Dometic B57915 Brisk II Air Conditioner which is 13,500 BTU in my RV travel trailer. It has a high performance design for increased airflow, easy installation, and maintenance. It is portable and still working perfectly. Still, it is portable and still working perfectly.

Victory

Keep in mind the RV units are designed for the road vibration and shocks while the others aren't. If you are on a budget look to salvage yards there are quite a few almost new campers that are sitting in the yard because of roof leaks or small accidents that didn't affect the AC or REF units. Paid $300 for a Keystone unit last year and $450 for the Refrigerator. I suspect the AC had never been run.

eleeleanor

Something like this one
I use a portable air conditioner as the air conditioner in the master bedroom to stay comfortable during the hot months, especially when sleeping at night. The 80-degree room was lowered to 71 degrees in less than 8 minutes. After 15 minutes, the room temperature was 67 degrees. This left a deep impression and joy on me. It turns out that not everything portable is bad. Another powerful function is to dehumidify and collect water. AC with its own evaporation system can be used without a hose, which is very good.