Looking to get on the track

Austin Simpson

Hey all, I am new here, can't wait to get out to a track day. I wan't to get to a few track days this year, but still looking for a race suit. I've been trying to find a suit that fits for about a month. Ordered and returned countless suits online, and visted just about every shop within 3 hours. If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated! I am 5'11", 236lb, 48" chest, 56" around the shoulders, 28" thigh, 37" waist. I'd hate to fork out the money for a custom suit as I am still getting bigger and it probably won't fit me by next season. Are there any suits that are loose fitting that I could squeeze into?

tdelegram

Control Rider
Austin, you might want to look into a 2 piece suit, you'll get a lot more flexibility that way. Loose fitting isn't good when you hit the deck, it creates brush burn on you and can overstress the suit causing holes and tears while sliding. When I started tack days I had a dianese 2 piece laguna seca suit that saved my ass in a triple digit off and it stayed together for the accident. I still occasionally uses the jacket on the streeet but the pants were unusable.

021less

your height is going to be the problem for the size. I'm 5'11 and around 205, my suit is a 46 which would be too small for you, but fits me pretty good, its a little loose, the problem is the length, its too long for me in the arms and legs which creates a problem all around. I'm going to look into a custom suit next year, a 2 piece would help but I still believe any off the shelf suit is not going to fit properly in the length area. Good luck and welcome!

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
Welcome to N2! N2 has suits you can rent but I'm not sure about all of the sizes they have.

Jesus Ramirez

did you get your suit figured out? im 6'1 and about 250 54" chest and there are expensive options and REALLY expensive (custom) options. im looking at the alpinestars motegiV2 2 piece. maybe you can point me in a less expensive direction!

Jesus.

Austin Simpson

Hey, unfortunatly I did not find a suit. Im still getting bigger, 254lbs and all my sizes are bigger, getting ready for a bodybuilding competition this upcoming summer. I went all the way up to a size 54 us in alpinstar 1 peice suit, (3xl) fit pretty well, little tight in the arms. The big issue was it was pretty long in the legs and I needed it about 6 or more inches tighter in the waist. After buying and returning over 5 k in suits I gave it a rest and figured i'll just wait until next year and have one custom made.

Motofun352

Control Rider
Try calli9ng Barnacle Bill for some alteration advice. He both makes suits and does alterations. See if he can take in the 54 enough...he's in KY.