Lost Thread?

gursesl

Yesterday there was a good thread re. Alles Gute photographer with pics from Summit Main 7/1. Today I can't find it. Maybe I am just tired, but can somebody point the correct link to the thread? I want to show my friends couple of the pics.

Thanks.

Jeremyw5

gursesl;279727 wrote: Yesterday there was a good thread re. Alles Gute photographer with pics from Summit Main 7/1. Today I can't find it. Maybe I am just tired, but can somebody point the correct link to the thread? I want to show my friends couple of the pics.

Thanks.
I would also like to know where the thread went seeing as im the one who started it.

JohnS

I did not see your thread so I am not sure what info it contained but I believe Pics Of You is the official Nesba photo vendor. If you were discussing someone else's business or something that would take sales away it probably got deleted.

John

gursesl

Pushing a business

JohnS;279729 wrote: I did not see your thread so I am not sure what info it contained but I believe Pics Of You is the official Nesba photo vendor. If you were pushing someone else's business it probably got delelted.

John
Don't mean to start an argument, but if this is true, i.e. Pics of You had the thread removed -- it is a bit annoying.:idea:

I am not sure how one defines pushing someone else's business on a public forum, but as a paying customer to Pics of You (Yes, I did purchase a full CD of images at the end of the track day on 7/1 at Summit Main) I am somewhat irritated that another, amateur photographer's pics can be deleted from a public forum with no notification. I mean, is this a common practice on this board? I am sorry to say this, but I am now less inclined to buy from Pics of You if this is how they keep raising barriers of entry.

BTW, again if this turns out to be true, the other photographer's stuff was simply amazing and seeing both photos side by side, one can understand why they got removed.:eek:

Jeremyw5

I'm still not sure why the photos were deleted but just to clarify, we were not trying to take business away from anyone. We were not charging for our photos nor were we trying to compete with anyone. In fact, nick told me he spent the first 2 sessions of the day talking with one of the PICS OF YOU photographers. The intent wasn't to step on anyone's toes. We just wanted to share a couple of good shots from the day. :)

CBRtist

I don't know why it was deleted and I hope you get an answer. I'm sure it was well intended and no harm was meant. But........ I can sort of see the conflict. It would be like me having a client, hiring a ABC photographer for a shoot and while I'm art directing the shoot, non-hired photographer XYZ is taking pics then shows client pics he took... didn't say they were for sale but did slip him his business card.

While it wasn't said that they were for sale, trying to take business away, or compete... it could be perceived as that when you put pictures up as an unauthorized vendor in addition to dropping the company name and getting free promotion/advertising.

Let me play Devil's advocate here and turn this around. While your friend did talk to PICS, did he mention what you all intended to do? My second question would be as an unauthorized vendor taking pictures, did your friend have everybody he shot sign a model release? This was not a public event. NESBA paid for the track which makes it private.

Just my two cents :dunno: which could be diddly squat.

Jeremyw5

CBRtist;279770 wrote: I don't know why it was deleted and I hope you get an answer. I'm sure it was well intended and no harm was meant. But........ I can sort of see the conflict. It would be like me having a client, hiring a ABC photographer for a shoot and while I'm art directing the shoot, non-hired photographer XYZ is taking pics then shows client pics he took... didn't say they were for sale but did slip him his business card.

While it wasn't said that they were for sale, trying to take business away, or compete... it could be perceived as that when you put pictures up as an unauthorized vendor in addition to dropping the company name and getting free promotion/advertising.

Let me play Devil's advocate here and turn this around. While your friend did talk to PICS, did he mention what you all intended to do? My second question would be as an unauthorized vendor taking pictures, did your friend have everybody he shot sign a model release? This was not a public event. NESBA paid for the track which makes it private.

Just my two cents :dunno: which could be diddly squat.
I understand where you are coming from. I am not trying to start any sort of conflict or anything here. To answer your questions. I have no idea what Nick and the PICS photographer talked about. We didn't even have intentions of sharing the photos. He came to practice his craft and get better at what he does. I really did not think, and I still don't think, that the folks out there riding have any objections to photographs being taken of them as they ride.

Again, not trying to start any drama here. I come out because I love to ride and in the same way, he came out because he loves to take photos. I apologize if we offended anyone with our photos. That being said, people did seem to really like his work, and if we aren't allowed to share because we are an "unauthorized vendor" I would like to figure out how to do it right and become "authorized" to do things like that at the events we go to.

CBRtist

Nobody offended (at least I'm not). In fact, my husband was in one of the photos... I *somehow* didn't make the cut but I wasn't riding with the :cool: guys.

I don't think the issue would be with shooting, but rather how the pics are promoted, posted and distributed. You can always email info@nesba.com and ask :)

Steamer

thread

The thread was removed with authorization from the director. It was felt that it was offering photo's to members and infringing on the agreement with the official photographer at the track. It is OK to take photo's of friends but to take photo's of other people and offering them out is taking away from the photographers ability to earn a living.

Bob O.