MA CCS race report

Rick Johnson

Well the year went much better then expected.I won the novice overall points Championship with 1364 points and also a unlimited supersport Championship in the SE region.I also placed well in many other classes in MA. 2nd in UnlimitedSB,UnlimitedGP,and MWSS. 3rd in MWSB, and 4th in GTO which I only ran 4 of 8.Also finished 2nd in the SE overall and unlimitedSB.I had a total of 25 podiums.I'm very pleased with my results for my 1st full season having only raced 3 weekends before this season.Next season I'll be racing with the experts.I'm looking foward to the challenge.I raced 05 bikes this year and my 1000 had over 20,000 miles with stock suspension so I'll be looking to up grade to one newer 1000 this off season.Well I guess that about does it for my report.

Rick Johnson #29 :first:

Rick Johnson

Thanks! Yeah I did 4 races on each bike per weekend.There was a few that I did 6 races on the R1 and 4 on the 600.Those were super busy weekends.I got more podiums on the R1 but did get some on the R6.Me being about 200lbs. made it harder on the 600 but I rode it hard.Managed to turn a flat 1:36.0 at VIR a few weeks ago on the 600 and did some 35's on the R1.Definetly think I can gain a few seconds on a newer 1000 with a aftermarket suspension.

Todd Stinson

Wow, that is ironman racing for sure Rick! No way I could handle that kind of raceday schedule.

Good luck out there next year!